Chapter 3

"WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE THE HELL AM I?" Mira screamed.

The man laughs "You're in hell actually."

"Wha- do you see me laughing? Where am I? What's happening to me? What are these black veins? and.. and." Mira was so confused she just wanted answers and she wanted her mom. 

"Mira, listen to me. Stop freaking out okay? Here, have a seat."

Mira stares at him for a second and then sat in the seat. She decided to take that time to try to figure out where she was. She thinks she was in some kind of study room. It was a pretty large room with bookshelves lining the walls on either side of her, a desk in front of her and the man sitting behind the desk in a quite large chair. Behind him were these floor to ceiling drapes, she guessed there must be windows behind it. There were also two couches behind her with a coffee table between the couches. All of the furniture in the room was black. There were also two sets of double doors in the room, one on the right side close to the windows and one behind the couches. She turned back to him and saw him studying her. 

He called her his daughter. Dad. She couldn't believe that she might actually be looking at her father for the first time ever. 

He sighs. "I finally get to see you for the first time. Fourteen damn years she kept me away from you. That woman is smart, I swear."

Mira just stares at him, not knowing what to say. 

"Well we both already know, but let me just say it out loud. Mira, I am your father, Hades, King of the Underworld."

Mira stared at him confused. King of the Underworld? she thought.

He sighs again. "Listen, I get it. It's hard to believe, but I really am the King of the Underworld. Now listen carefully because I know you are confused about what just happened to you so I'll start explaining. You are part witch, as you know, but you are also part demon. Your mother didn't like how you're also a demon, so when you were a baby, she cast a spell to dormant this side of you. As you might know, magic comes with a price. You can't truly dormant what one is anyway, so when she did that, that tree trunk popped up and was filled with dark magic, precisely your dark magic. The tree trunk was there for you for whenever you wanted to regain your magic, but she told you to never go there because she realized it must be your magic."

"Mom told me I could die if I ever touched or even went near it."

"Well, that was a lie. She wanted you as far away from your demon side as possible."

"If she didn't want me to be a demon, why have a kid with you?"

"Well, your mother and I actually were in love once upon a time." He starts rubbing the back of his neck. "Let's just say it didn't end well between us and when she found out she was pregnant, she was upset. After the last time your mother and I spoke, she moved and cast this spell on you both so that I wouldn't be able to find you. I would have witches do tracking spells to find you two, but it was a pretty powerful spell and she used earth magic and so my magic wouldn't have worked to find you two. My brother, Zeus, doesn't like it when I spend too much time on earth and I was up there for a long time trying to find you. I had to return to the underworld and my ass got stuck down here unless I want a war to break out. I mean don't get me wrong, I don't mind a little war, but you were still up there and I didn't want you to get hurt. Now, I have no reason to return to earth since you are here with me. Well, anyways, the dark black veins you see flowing through you right now is your dark magic. The marks will go away eventually, it's just adjusting to you, that's all."

"...so you're saying my magic is like.. alive?"

"Well, in a sense, yes. You saw it kill that boy remember."