Chapter 2

The Next Day

Mira jumps out of bed and gets ready for her date. She puts on dress after dress trying to figure out what looks best for the occasion. She decided to go with a black floral dress. If you haven't noticed, her favorite color is black. She also decides to put her hair in a high ponytail since she rarely ever put it up. 

"Good morning mama!"

"Morning hun! Aww, you look lovely! Are you excited?"

"Of course I am, but I'm nervous."

"Well, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Do you want some breakfast before you go?"

"Oh no, I'm fine mama. He's bringing us food, we're gonna have a picnic, but I'll have this apple right here."

"Oh really? I thought you said you didn't know where he was taking you."

Mira stops chewing, "Oh hahaha did I not tell you last night? I must have been so excited."

"Yeah, you said that you two were meeting at Ocean Light as usual and that he said it's a surprise." Her mom raises one of her eyebrows at Mira.

"Oh yeah, we are but he said that we're gonna have a picnic just not where. That's the surprise part haha sorry mama I forgot. I was too excited."

"It's alright just be careful okay and be back by sundown."

"Yes mama, I will. I'm going to get going now. BYYEE."

"Alright,  bye love you!" They give each other a hug. 

"Love you too!"

~

Mira is a nervous wreck walking through town. She has no idea what awaits her at the tree trunk.

When she arrives, she sees the biggest tree trunk ever and she definitely feels the dark energy radiating off of it. The whole area even looks darker. Why would he choose this place? How did he not feel creeped out being here? she thought. She also felt a weird pull towards the tree trunk, as if it was calling her to come closer. 

"Boo!"

"AAAAHHHHHH!" Mira turns around to see who it is. "Are you crazy Michael?! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

Michael starts laughing. "Babe, I'm sorry. I just had to. You were looking at the tree trunk as if it'll crawl out from the ground and take you." 

"Honestly, I feel like it will." 

Michael laughs some more. Once he calms down he hugs her and gives her a kiss. "Happy 4 months anniversary baby. You look beautiful. Come on, let's sit and eat. I brought some sandwiches and fruits. I hope you're okay with that?"

"Yes, that's perfectly fine." He had on a black t-shirt and dark blue jeans. Mira was loving how his shirt was hugging him in the right places. 

"Oh wait, babe, do you wanna sit closer to the tree trunk, so we can lean back?"

"Oh no, I am perfectly fine right here."

Michael chuckles and says "alright."

They sit and eat together loving the cool breeze and the warm sun. After they finish eating, they decide to lay down and watch the clouds move through the sky. 

Michael sits up on his elbow turned toward Mira and looks serious.

Mira ask "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Mira, I love you."

"You- I- what?"

"I love you, Mira. I think we should take this further. We've been together for four months now. Don't you love me back?"