8. His Path Before Him

Act 8.

Naruto's journey as though set in stone was hard and as each day passed it did not get any easier. Naruto did not know the meaning of that word...easy. 

 Naruto raced down the streets with a loud laughter and a happy chuckle in his mind...until....he came running towards a family of tree. A man and a woman. They had a son who was half Naruto's age. Naruto slowed down as he passed the family. He imagined himself in the boy's place and thought to himself, Is that how it would feel to have a real family. A mom and a dad that loved you....your laughter would be real? Then as though reality had hit him Naruto quickly shook his head and the image of himself in the boy's place diappeared and Naruto continued running.

Though everyone shunned him Naruto kept smiling....but it was hard. Each day got harder and so his smile got wider. It turned from a smile to a grin and on the worst days the loudest laughter he could bring out. Naruto never let it show, the pain he felt on the inside. He wanted friends to play with him. A mother to hug and kiss him and a father to teach him everything he knew...but most of all Naruto wanted someone to acknowledge that he was there and was part of the village.

Naruto though, felt the cold stares of everyone as he passed and there whispers behind his back. He though, had met someone, a little girl about his age...she was not very strong as a matter of fact she was pathetically weak, she was too shy to look him in the face and his large personality overwhelmed her....but, she spoke to him..there was not a cold stare as she spoke to him and though the words never left her lips Naruto thought of her as his first friend. Though they did not speak since that day he saved her three months ago he could have felt her eyes watching him, constantly watching him and for a moment he turned and watch her.

Naruto thought to himself, watch me Hinata-chan, i will become Hokage of this village....and i will watch you too.