Chapter 14: Slow Progress, But Progress

Rainbow Steve's POV:

  All three of us were very appreciative of Alex and Mary helping us. It's really hard to believe they're brother and sister. Nothing about them is the same.

  However, things were progressing pretty slowly. I could just imagine the torture Sabre was going through right now. I stared up into the sky that was beginning to turn a mixture of orange, red, and yellow. The sun was setting on the first day without Sabre.

Alex and Mary were already asleep. They must not stay up that late. Galaxy Steve was trying to find a pufferfish. Void Steve was trying to annoy him; mess him up. It was pretty funny, to be honest.

"Rainbow Steve? Are you okay, dude?" Galaxy Steve asked. I sighed a little, bit really knowing how to respond. With the truth, of how I wanted to be?

  "I-I'm fine," I lied somewhat slowly. He knew I was lying, and I can't deny the fact that I was.

  "Rainbow Steve," he said sternly. He wanted the truth. I sighed and gave it to him.

  "Fine... I'm just upset over the fact Sabre isn't here, and that things are progressing so slowly. It's just not how I wanted things to happen," I said before laying on my back. Void Steve flew over to us, and hovered in the air.

  "I don't think any of us wanted things to work like this. On the bright side, we have Alex and Mary. They are willing to help us. We might need a lot of help," Void Steve said. I nodded.

  'RAINBOW STEVE! CAN YOU HEAR ME!'

  I shot up, leaving Galaxy and Void Steve confused. I looked around. Where did that come from?

  'Rainbow Steve! It's me, Sabre!'

  'Sabre? Oh, right! You're telepathy!'

  'Yes! Oh my gosh... it's so good to hear you again!'

  'Dude, it's great to hear you as well. Would be better if you were actually here, though.'

  'Yeah, I feel ya. I don't really know where I am. All I know is that it's Ty's place.'

  'Who's Ty?'

  'That guy that was with Slade when I was kidnapped.'

  'Oh. The guy in all black and black wings? Ty is his name?'

  'Yep. Look, I don't have much time before he comes back. He's using some sort of gas to control me, but I already broke free once. It may a little bit before he can control me again. He doesn't have anymore of that stuff he used. Still, I'm worried. I don't want this to happen.'

'We don't know where you are!'

'I have an idea, but it will drain me. I can transfer a little bit of my power's to you. I can make it to where you can locate me. However, like I said, it will drain me; meaning Ty and Slade can, probably, control me easier.'

'Let's do it. Allow me to wake Alex and Mary up. Oh! We met-'

'Two hybrids named Alex and Mary. I know. Tyler tried to convince me that you guys replaced me; I wasn't of any use to you guys and we weren't looking for me.'

'WHAT! YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT TRUE!'

'Why do you think I'm talking to you? If I believed him, I would, willingly, be with him.'

'Oh... that makes sense.'

"Void Steve. Wake up Alex. I'll get Mary. We're going to find Sabre," I said with a smile. He hesitated, then questioned me.