Chapter 4

Three Weeks Later 

“What the hell?! Don’t go in the dungeon you dumb ass! Do you want to die?! You know what happens when you die? You never see girls again, you never get laid again, you’re probably pissed off forever! You might not even see God, you might be in fucken hell!” 

I stopped screaming at my tv as I took a second to catch my breath. I was about to open my mouth up again when I suddenly realized what I was doing. I was talking to my tv for christ sakes. What has gotten into me?! 

I groaned as I picked up the remote and turned off the tv. I dropped it back down onto the couch as I threw my head back. 

Ever since that night, I had felt like a complete and utter piece of shit. I’ve been working every day of the week since then. No sex, no going out, no drinking. Working made it easier for me to keep mind from drifting to her and thinking about the feeling of rejection. 

But I can’t take it anymore. It was Friday night. I needed to get out. If she wanted to reject me then fine, I don’t need her anyway. Yes you do! the little voice inside of me said but I successfully ignored it. 

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialed Nolan’s number. I lightly drummed my fingers on my leg as I waited for him to pick up. 

“What?!” he yelled down the phone, sounding annoyed and slightly out of breath. 

“I have a new mission for you.” I stated, my voice serious. “Don’t ask why were doing this, don’t ask why I look like shit, Don’t… just… don’t ask.” 

Nolan paused a moment before responding, “Whose car we taking?”

I smiled, “Zayn’s!” 

He chuckled, “Does he know about this mission?” 

“Nope, but he’ll soon find out. Be ready in 30.” I hung up before he could say anything else. I then dialed Zayn’s number and waited for him to answer. 

“What Zack?” he sounded annoyed also. Jeez, was I annoying everyone?

“Were going out and were taking your car. Be here in 20 minutes.” I hung up, cutting him off in the middle of a sentence. I didn’t really matter what he said, I knew he would be here. 

I hopped up from the couch, taking a shower then quickly getting dressed. 

Just as I finished I heard a horn beeping outside. I peeked out of the window to see Zayn’s car in the middle of the street waiting for me. I walked out of the apartment, shutting and locking the door behind me. 

I rode the elevator down to the lobby and walked out of the revolving doors to the car. I climbed in, shutting the door. “Zayn, my man!” I yelled, reaching over and patting him on the back.