Chapter 2

I couldn’t help but feel anxious as I waited for my shift to end. I stared at the time on my phone, willing the minutes to go by faster. After what felt like an eternity, the clock finally read 8:00 pm. I jumped up from my seat, climbing down from my chair as fast as I could manage with my injury. My feet touched the ground and I pushed my sunglasses up so they sat on top of my head. I don’t know what was wrong with me. But something was gnawing inside of me, telling me to go find that girl. Images of her and that prick kept flashing inside my head over and over again. I gritted my teeth, why did I feel like this? 

I gave up fighting with myself, running, with a limp, over to the pool where I spotted her. I paused to look around. I frowned, feeling slightly hurt that she wasn’t here anymore. She left with that prick because you were to stupid to go over there! the voice inside my head screamed at me. I smacked my palm to my head. My wolf was in a frenzy now, he needed his mate. I ignored him, and turned away from the pool. 

I quickly walked into the employee building. I pulled off my swimming trunks, throwing them into my locker, then putting on my shorts and t shirt. I clocked out and said bye to the people I passed as I exited. I made a beeline to my car, getting in and starting it up quickly. I revved the engine and pulled out of the parking lot, not really sure where I was headed. 

After a while I found myself in front of Nolan’s house. I sighed, maybe he could help me deal with all this stuff I was suddenly feeling. I drove up the long winding driveway, pulling up in front of his house. 

I climbed out of the car and walked over to the front door, ringing the doorbell. I heard a lot of commotion on the other side of the door, what sounded like screaming and objects being dropped and broken. Hunter. The door was opened, revealing Emery, with her huge pregnant belly, her hair a tangled mess, make up smeared, and her clothes in a disarray.

“Uhm, d-did I come at a bad time?” I asked 

“Oh uhm,” she cleared her throat, “no not at all.” 

“You sure, c-cause I could come back another time.” 

“No, no, c’mon on in.” She stepped to the side and I walked in. She shut the door behind me. I looked down at the two broken vases and what I think was a lamp on the floor. 

“Hunter?” I said. 

She laughed and shook her head, a blush coming on her cheeks. “No, Nolan actually.” 

I laughed. “Oh really? Well where’s that ass…” 

“I’m right here!” Nolan yelled, smacking the back of my head as he walked into the room from behind me. He walked over to Emery, wrapping his arms around her from behind. He kissed her neck before whispering something in her ear that made her go beat red. “So what brings you here to my humble abode today asshole?” 

I laughed, “Dude, I think I’m losing it. And so is my wolf.” 

“Baby doll, can you go set up the little thing we were talking about earlier.” Nolan said to Emery. She smiled and nodded. “I’ll be up in few.” he said, smacking her ass as she walked away. “Now, come into my office.” He lead me into the living room where we both plopped down on either of the chairs. “So what’s eating you dude?”