Chapter 31: Later for the date

Hellooooo!!!! I AM BACKKK!!!  I am sorry for not updating in a long long while. Enjoy reading!!

xoxo

-S

***********************************************************************************************

Ed’s POV

I really don’t know why I took literature. Actually, the fact is I enjoy literature class but right now I have a lot on my mind; precisely I have El on my mind. After making yet another futile effort to concentrate in class, I lost hope and let my mind drift towards the happening morning of today.

I woke up early today which was shocking, yes, but I had a reason. I wanted to meet El while she walked towards school so that I could offer her lift. I desperately wanted to drive her to school today and every other day but I knew I couldn’t text her right now asking her to come with me, no matter how much I wanted to. We’re still not together right now, I still have to propose her and this time I really don’t want to rush things.

As I walked downstairs to grab a quick breakfast I ran into mom. She looked at me with shock plastered all over her face as she said:

“Edward, are you alright?”

“I smiled at her as I walked into the kitchen and replied:

“Yeah.”

“Then why are you up this early in the morning?” she probed me as she followed me into the kitchen.

“Mom it’s a school day.” I vaguely replied to her dodging her question while I poured milk and cereal in a bowl.

Honey, you have had school since centuries and never before did you wake up this early. I smell something fishy here.” She said with a cunning smile.

“You should have been detective” I said as I gulped down my cereal quickly.

“Easy there tiger.” Mom laughed at me while I rolled my eyes at her and ran upstairs to quickly brush my teeth.

As I ran outside mom yelled from behind:

“May luck be on your side and you can catch up with El honey.”

I stopped midway as a shout of laughter erupted from within me. I turned around to glance back at her as she smiled goofily at me.

“Either you are psychic or I am too easy to read.”

“I’d go with me being psychic. That sound’s cool right?”

“You’re crazy.”

“I know that! Now rush!” Mom said with a laugh.

I turned around yelling I love you back at her. I revved the engine and sped down the street towards El’s street. I checked the time on my Rolex and it read 7:40. I drove on looking for El when suddenly I spotted her and my heart skipped a beat. I took a deep breath as I slowed down my car nearing El. She stopped and turned towards her side, peering inside. I waved at her and motioned her to sit inside.

El gave me her beautiful smile and slipped inside the car and said:

“Nice planning, Edward.” Making me laugh at how easily she could read me.

“I wanted to drive you to school.” I explained.

“You could’ve texted me and saved me from walking this distance as well.” She said with a laugh as I realized El wasn’t the type of girl who played games and I could have just texted her expecting a positive reply from her.