Chapter 15: Two are better than one

Just crossed 1k reads! Super happy. Thanks for the love everyone. So as celebrations are in order, here comes another chapter.

Enjoy

-S

**************************************************************************************************************

EL's POV

School seemed boring today. I walked towards the cafeteria as my stomach growled. Yeah yeah Mr. Stomach we're going to eat in a while, stop being so impatient. I then chuckled to myself coz I was talking to my stomach again. Yaay! The old Beth is back! I fistpumped the air when I heard someone say:

"You're cute!"

I turned around and came face to face with Adam, Edward's best friend.

"Hi, Adam. How're you?" I asked casually.

"I am doing great Beth. How about you?" He inquired.

Knowing what he meant to ask I solemly replied: "Well, I am struggling."

He smiled at me and said: "Thats good to know. Btw I need to talk to you can we meet up whenever you're free?"

I looked at him questioningly saying: "Why? But sure. I am free after lunch. I'll meet you in the library."

He nodded and said: "I'll see you then. Take care, Beth"

And he walked away.

What does he wants to talk about? Well, I know what it is that he wants to talk about but I don't want to talk to him about Edward and I. I guess I'll just let him know when I'll meet him. I haven't talked about it to Alice, how could I talk about it to him? Resolving to shoo him off, I entered the cafeteria as my stomach gave yet another loud protest.

Adam's POV

I had only walked off a little further after talking to Beth when I saw Alice blocking my way.

"You know I can just pick you and place you on the side and walk away?" I asked her with irritation.

"And you know I can cling to your feet and pull you to the ground after that?" She asked me bitterly.

"Whatever. What do you want?"

"What were you talking to Beth about?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"Because I am her friend!"

"So am I. Now go away."

"And I am her best friend. I won't till you tell me. Now shoot!"

"God you're such a pain in the ass."

"And you seem like an ant crawled inside your butt"

"Shutup"

"Make me"

"I can!"

"Really how?"

"Simple. By kissing you to silence."

"Whaat? I have a boyfriend!"

"And I don't get how he bears you. You're too much for your size."

"I don't believe you just said that! But I'm ignoring it for my friend's sake or else I would've kicked your baby Adam right now!"

"What the hell do you want?!" I was now thoroughly irritated by her. She is just too annoying. Hell, if only she hadn't been cute, it would've been easier to ignore her.

What the hell did I just say? Cute? Pfft no I mean short, yeah short. I shook my head and thought it better to let her know:

"I told her I want to talk to her about something. We're meeting in the library in the next period. I want to talk to her about Edward and her, Happy?"

"She clapped her hands and said: "Very! Now that makes us two!"

"Two?" Okay so now I am extremely confused.

"Yeah two. I am going to talk to Edward too. We're meeting after school. You know, I think they both love each other but they just don't know each other as in REALLY know each other. And I think Edward needs more help because he is such an ass so I've convinced him to meet me." She explained.

"Yeah I think so too. I don't think they're outta love or anything. They just need to start from the baby steps back again. I decided to talk to Beth because she is less stubborn and I think she'd be willing to hear me out." I told her my side of explaination.

"Wow who knew you're a love guru. I mean player Adam is going to preach love. The world is coming to an end." She teased.

"Back to being annoying, are we?" I retorted.

She raised her eyebrows while I continued: "You know I really don't know how your boyfriend from the other school bears with you. I mean why hasn't 't he just broken up with you? You're so irritating"

At that very moment I saw a flash of something in her eyes which she quickly hid. What was that?

"I'll just ignore what you said Adam though it was rude because I need you for my friend." She said simply.

I felt bad for being rude to her because its not like she has done something to me so I quickly apologized:

"I am sorry, I crossed the line."

"You're forgiven." She smiled back at me.

She has such a beautiful smile. Her smile lights her face and she instantly turns from a cute girl into a beautiful woman. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? I shook my head to get rid of the weird thoughts. As I saw her squinting her eyes at my action I quickly asked:

"So easily?"

"Yeah!" She said

"Why?"

"Because two cupids are better than one" She sang and walked away.

I smiled at her reply as I saw her walk away. Yeah, two are better than one.