Chapter 26: A Mistaken Kiss

Ed's POV

I laid down on the bed and let out a deep sigh. It was indeed a very long and an eventful day. From the call from my mother ( the one who gave me birth) to being given a second chance from El. The fact that my mother called and the despair it always brings has been overriden by the time I spent with El today.

Today for the first we had bonded together. I told her about my past and she did the same. I feel bad for her. I can't believe she led the life she had when she was young. How could someone ignore a small kid?! I can't ever do that to Hayley!

Hayley! She is my baby cupid in disguise. She really did have me and El bond today. I chuckled to myself when Hayley had asked me to hold El's hand obviously noting that I had done the same earlier. Yeah, this does mean, I knew I was holding her hand. Well, initially it was just out of habit but when I realized, I delibrately did not let go. It felt nice holding her hand. I know I am sounding so girlish right now but to hell with it, I loved holding her hand. It was like the old times. The good parts of the old times.

I sigh to myself as I thank God for letting me have another chance will El. And tomorrow we begin. Thankfully she accepted my offer to come over and she also agreed that we start off as friends. And I am okay with it for now. After all, friendship is the first step to love. And for us, friednship is definitely our first step to rekindle our lost love.

I closed my eyes shut and drifted to sleep as I dreamt about spending tomorrow with the girl I love the most, the girl I want to win back, El.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Edward Lucas Ainsworth! Get out of your bed this very instance or I am going to spank your butt!" Mom's roar of threat shocked me out of sleep.

I rubbed my eyes to look at her clearly and retorted back:

"I am not a kid anymore, mom. That threat is vague."

"Oh it so is not. I want you out of bed right now or else I am really going to spank you hard!" Mom chortled while she glared at me.

"You're crazy woman. Why am I being awakened this early on a sunday morning?" I asked in irritation as I rubbed my hands over my face to drive away sleep.

"Because your dad and I are going on a two day business trip and we're flying out in 3 hours and we want to have breakfast with our kids." She explained to me.

I sighed in frustration and dropped my head back on the pillow. As I pulled up the covers I said:

"So we can have breakfast when you come. Let me sleep"

And I drifted back to sleep only to be awakened by mom's sweetly sick voice:

"Honey I am serious, I am going to spank you if you don't get out of bed right now. And its not going to be one of those kinky spanks your every- night- a- different- sluts give you."

I know I turned crimson at mom's reference so I quickly rushed out of bed before she embarrassed me anymore. As I strutted towards the bathroom, mom laughed and went downstairs. I completed my morining routine and changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a grey shirt. I then walked toeards my night stand and checked my phone.

My heart skipped a beat when i saw a message from El:

I'll come after lunch today, okay? ~ Elizabeth

I smiled instantly once I had read the message and decided to reply her. Should I just send an okay or shoud I send an okay with a smiley. Won't a simple okay be like rude or something? But won't a smiley mean I am overexcited or like that? Ughhh!! I decided to play safe and texted her: