Chapter 8

Chapter 8 

Kaitlyn's POV

**8 months later**

"Remember class, there may or may not be a pop quiz next week!" 

Thank goodness. It is finally the weekend. Seven months ago, I got back into school. I was getting really behind, and my dad wasn't going to let me spend another week-day on the couch watching re-runs of Pretty Little Liars. 

It had been an adjustment going to school again. Kids seemed to treat me differently. And I didn't like it. Just because my mom has cancer, it doesn't mean that I need special treatment. If only people would get that. 

Grabbing my bag, and my books, I quickly walk out of the school into the cool September air. It is the beginning of my senior year. And boy, could I be any happier. I am so ready to leave this school, and take off. 

I quickly hop into my little Toyota. I feel so accomplished that I had bought this car all by myself. It took a lot of saving, but I was finally able to do it. 

Pulling out of the school parking lot, a lot of things cross my mind. This past seven months have been very hectic. My mom is still doing chemo, and is getting better, but she is almost never home. My dad is also working full time at a little restaurant close to my house. 

So with both my parents gone all the time, I have been spending a lot of time by myself. I have gotten very lonely lately, and it's starting to affect my mood. 

I have been snapping at people, not being able to control the strange anger that suddenly surges over me. Now people are starting to avoid me. I don't blame them though. If I was them, I wouldn't want to hang out with me either. 

The only person that has been really there for me, is Johanna. Yes, I might drive her insane, but she told me she knows that I am going through a lot right now. 

Pulling up to my house, I see that my dad is already home. 

A bit of happiness surges through me. At least I wouldn't have to be alone for the night. 

But my dad has other plans. Apparently he had the morning off, but has to work a very late shift tonight. Great. Alone again.

When will this all come to an end?

So don't hate me that this is so short. I have decided that I am going to write short chapters, but I will post more often (1-3 times a week) 

For any of you that are asking, yes, Taylor will be put into the story. I am planning that she will be in the next 1-3 chapters. I'm just not ready to put her in the story yet. 

I also want to thank any of you that have read, or voted. I have almost 5,000 reads, and you have NO idea how much that means to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! 

I am also going to suggest some good books that I am reading right now that I really think you guys would like(especially if you like 1D hehehe)

The Cookie Girl

Misconceptions

Up All Night 

Lucky You

I know there is more.. but I can't think of that many off the top of my head. 

See you in the next chapters my little ducks!

-M