Chapter 12

Jades POV

We sit in the drive way finishing off the icecream cones from chick-fil-a. McDonald's wasnt working.

"So, how are you gonna tell everyone." Jasmine asks.

"I have no clue." I say and Jasmine nods getting out. She opens my door and helps me out. She grabs my crutches and tries to hand them to me but I just glare at them in distaste.

"Jade." Jasmine warns and I grumble under my breath.

"Jasmine." I say back and she just gives me the mom stare before I groan and grab them.

Getting an idea I hurriedly crutch to the kitchen before anyone sees me. I sit in my seat and hide the crutches under the table.

"Really?" Jasmine asks and I nod.

I sit there until Jasmine has everything ready and calls everyone down. Soon enough everyone is in their seats giving me weird looks but I just smile brightly at everyone.

"Wow, Jasmine. Everything looks great! I'm so excited to eat it." I say and Jasmine chuckles.

"Why thank you. It seems you have something to tell everyone. We are listening." Jasmine says and I scowl narrowing my eyes at her. I clear my throat smiling again.

"Well, not right now-" I'm cut off by the sound of my crutches moving.

"Why are there crutches under the table." Keith asks looking under. Everyone looks under the table but me and Jasmine. Jasmine tries blocking her laughs with coughs and I sigh.

"Well, as I was saying. I was in a small incident earlier." I say and they all look at me.

"Are you okay?" Ethan asks and I smile lightly at him nodding.

"Yeah. I'm fine dont worry." I say.

"Besides needing to get 12 stitches." Jasmine scoffs.

"Thanks. That's very helpful." I say and Jasmine just giggles.

"I was running in the forest, and I was in such a rush I tripped and I fell down a hill onto a glass bottle. I'm fine just a few scraps, and stitches." I state shrugging and start to eat. 

"Why were you in the forest?" Dad asks and I sigh.

"I was going to the greehouse," I say.

"Greehouse?" crystal asks confused.

"It's a secret place that's all I can say," I say and all at once, everyone starts asking me questions.

I sigh and look at Onyx, feeding him the rest that he missed.  

"Someone's eating better on their own," I state smiling at him and his giggles. 

"Done?" I ask as I look at everyone who was just staring at me. "Gosh, this feels normal. Like a normal happy family. It's grand! don't you agree?" I ask and everyone just stares at me. I get a few eye rolls and a few small smiles. After that, it's silent while everyone eats. 

I wait till everyone but Jasmine is gone before getting up. As I get up it takes a second for me to actually gain my balance. Jasmine stays by my side to make sure I don't fall. She hands me my crutches and I quietly thank her before walking to my room.  

I sigh as I look at the stairs with a glare. I take a few minutes to plan it out, and another few seconds cause I'm lazy. with a grunt, I start making my way upstairs. soon enough I'm collapsing on my bed with a sigh. 

"Jade!! Desert!!" Jasmine yells and I groan not moving. 

"NO!" I shout tiredly. 

"NOW!!" She shouts and I whine.