Ꮖ | ᴛᴇɴ

' infinite '

IT WAS TIME FOR GOODBYES

IT WAS TIME FOR GOODBYES. Everyone stood outside the Cullen's house, all sharing smiles and hugs as they bid each other farewell.

"Do you really have to leave?" A pout was seen on Angelina's plump lips as she crossed her arms, eyes watching the two Romanians in front of her.

"There is nothing here for us," Vladimir said, shrugging his shoulders as he glanced around the forest of Forks. While it was beautiful, the small town wasn't the place for them.

"You have me?" Angelina suggested, eyes wide with hope. The Romanians smiled sadly, bringing the hybrid into a hug, squeezing her tight against their embrace.

"We know, roșu." They said together before pulling back. "We will see you again someday." They have her one final farewell, grinning madly before using their vampire speed to go back to their home, or what was left of it after all those years.

Angelina sighed sadly, her shoulders hanging as she gazed at the floor. She chewed on the inside of her cheek, slightly disappointed at the fact that her new best friends weren't willing to stay with her but she knew she couldn't be selfish. They had a home. They wouldn't want to leave to a place they've never heard of.

"Don't worry, sweet cheeks," Rosalie said as she wrapped an arm around Angelina's waist. The blonde placed a soft kiss to her temple, squeezing her against her. Angelina sighed in content, cuddling into her side as they both watched Emmett and Alistair argue quietly. The isolated vampire didn't want to stay with the Cullen's, but he didn't want to leave his mate.

"Alistair please," Emmett begged, his eyes pleading. The dirty blond vampire shook his head, crossing his arms.

"I don't want to stay here." He huffed stubbornly.

"But they're my family." He said, biting his lip as he took a step closer to his mate. "I don't want to leave them."

"It's them or me, Emmett," Alistair said, his eyes hardening as he blocked out the pain he felt when he saw the hurt flash across his face.

"You know I can't choose." He muttered quietly. Alistair sighed and began to walk away, his head lowering as he continued to walk deeper into the forest. Emmett let out a sad sigh before turning on his heel and walking towards the house. Rosalie and Angelina watched quietly, their eyes both watching the two new mates.

"I'll go talk to him." Rosalie squeezed her hand softly before walking towards the house. Angelina flashed her a smile before making her way towards Alistair, using her magic to track him down.

"Alistair?" Her voice echoed around the area, feet pressing against the floor of the forest. Closing her eyes, she could sense where the blonde vampire was. With her palms facing down, she used her magic to push her off the group, landing on one of the branches of a very tall tree.

"What are you doing here?" Looking up, Angelina took one glance at Alistair to realise that he was deep in his dark thoughts. The girl made herself comfortable, allowing her right leg to swing off the branch.

"Just sitting." She replied, her mouth allowing a soft hum to escape. Time seemed to move fast around them as they continued to sit on the tree, their eyes looking at the scenery around them. "You know he loves you, right?" Alistair let out a sigh, looking up into the sky.

"Yeah. I know." He muttered quietly.

"You do realise that you will always be welcomed here, right?" Alistair glanced down at the older hybrid. She may look young, but the blonde knew she was twice his age.

"I'm being selfish, aren't I?" Angelina hummed an agreement as she continued to look at the birds cuddling in their nest on the next tree branch. "I'm not used to caring about someone else."

"I know." She mused, agreeing with him. Alistair sighed, knowing what the wise hybrid was trying to do.

"What should I do then?" Angelina shrugged her shoulders.

"It's your life, not mine." She answered. "Your choice."

"You do know this isn't helping, right?" Angelina nodded again, not answering with full sentences at all. "Didn't you come here to help me?"

"I never said that." Alistair rolled his eyes.

"Then why did you follow me?"

"Who said I was following you?" Angelina continued to stare at the birds, a tiny baby popping out from underneath the nest.

"It won't work," Alistair said quickly.

"What won't work?"

"What you're trying to do. It won't work." Angelina nodded slowly, her leg still swinging on the branch, a small smirk tugging at her lip as she knew it was indeed working.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Alistair rolled his eyes.

"Yes, you do."

"You know, I feel bad for humans." Angelina started as she continued to watch the bond between the two birds and their child. "The goddess gave every creature a mate. She never wanted anybody to be alone in their life, long or short." She continued, a sigh escaping her lips. "And because humans are weak, they'll never know their mate cause they never feel the bond like other creatures can." Alistair knew what she was doing and let out a massive huff.

"Fine. I'll go." He rolled his eyes, scoffing at the fact that he fell for the hybrids annoying trap. Angelina always knew that Alistair had a soft spot for humans. He hated them, but he wanted to be one. He used to always long for a mate in his humans year and here he was, his mate and he was taking him for granted.

The blonde jumped off the branch, storming back into the Cullen's house. He used his vampire speed to quickly run through the house, going to the room that made him feel high on a drug. One he wasn't familiar with.

"Alistair? What are you -" Emmett was cut off by his mate grabbing his shirt and pressing his lips against his, pulling him closer. Emmett slowly kissed him back, moving towards the door to slam it close, the noises silencing.

The rest of the Cullen's watched with raised brows, glancing at each other with confusion. They had thought Alistair had left Forks after his argument with their sibling/son.

"Thank god for soundproof rooms." The Cullen's looked back to see Angelina sitting on one of the loveseats with an innocent look on her face. "What? It's true!" They all let out a chuckle, moving to do their own thing as Rosalie came and slipping into the space next to her mate.

"What did you do?" She whispered in her ear. Angelina felt a shiver roll down her spine at the feeling of Rosalie's breath on her ear.

"I didn't do anything!" She whispered back before cuddling into her arms. Rosalie chuckled, rolling her eyes before placing her on her lap and closing their eyes, relaxing into each other's embrace.

The rest of the Cullen's watched the moment with a fond smile, happy that Rosalie finally found someone that would treat her right and vice verse.