Ᏼ | sɪx

' breathtaking '

"HOW COULD I NOT?" That one sentence rang through Rosalie's mind, her chest swelling up each time her mind went back to the moment up in her bedroom

"HOW COULD I NOT?" That one sentence rang through Rosalie's mind, her chest swelling up each time her mind went back to the moment up in her bedroom. They were all currently sitting in the living room of the Cullen's house.

Rosalie and Angelina day next to each other on the love seat, their knees brushing together ever so often.

"So he's done this before?" Spoke Bella asked as she leant against Jacob, her body filled with anxiety as she chewed on the side of her lips.

"It happens so rarely, I never realised it was a pattern," Eleazar responded, sounding a bit shocked as he looked down slightly.

"Apparently," Started Carlisle from where he stood. "He always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant." Angelina sighed, running a hand through her hair at the cruelty of the Volturi. They were always greedy bastards.

"This person always has an ability," Eleazar added. "And they were always given a place as a guard."

"This is all about Alice," Edward concluded. "He has no like her."

"Which is why she left." Bella sighed heartbrokenly. She felt as if this was all her fault. Angelina looked over and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder since they sat side by side on the two couches. Rosalie watched with dark eyes, slightly jealous at the action. The strawberry blonde removed her hand and placed the opposite one on Rosalie's thigh, rubbing her thumb over her jeans in a way to reassure her mate that she was hers only.

"Why does he need witnesses?" Emmett asked as he stood with his arms crossed. He stood by his new found mate, Allistair. It was a shock to everyone when the loudest and outgoing vampire was mated to the quietest and isolated vampire there was.

"To spread the word that justice has been served." The closed off vampire said. "After he slaughters an entire coven." He says, bluntly which resulted in a nudge from Emmett.

"Benjamin, Tia," Amun spoke from his seat on the white couch. "We're leaving." He stood up, his body tense.

"And where will you go?" Edward asked, his arms crossed as his face looked serious. "What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next?" He said, looking at the rest of the supernatural in the room. "Or Zafrina or Kate or anyone else with a gift? Even Angelina." Rosalie tensed at the mention of her mate, her body gone rigid as she straightened her back. "Anyone they want. Their goal isn't punishment; it's power. It's an acquisition. Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family. But also for yours. And for the way you want to live."

The air stood still, the silence lingering, thick and heavy, like a blanket. All the vampires glanced at each other, having quiet conversations with each other.

Jacob stood up abruptly, bravery written all over his face. "The packs will fight." He informed them. "We've never been afraid of vampires." He retorted, looking at all the vampires that were in the room.

"We will fight," Tanya said as the Denali clan stood up on their feet's, their shoulders pushed back and their heads high. Garret pushes off from against the wall, taking a few steps forward.

"This won't be the first time I fought a king's rule." He said, implying that he was ready to fight for the Cullen's, but Angelina was pretty sure it had something to do with his mate agreeing.

"You can hardly call them King's," Angelina muttered under her breath as Benjamin stood up with his mate next to him,

"We'll join you." He smiled reassuringly.

"No!" Exclaimed Amun as he shot up, glaring at the vampire he thought of as his son.

"I will do the right thing, Amun," Benjamin spoke. "You may do as you please." And just like that, the rest of the vampires in the room stood up, all declaring their loyalty for the Cullen's.

"Angelina?" The said hybrid glanced up, looking towards her oldest friend who awaited her answer. The strawberry blond glanced towards her mate, seeing the pleading and hopeful look hidden deep behind her icy fortress.

"I will join." She confirmed, smiling reassuringly to her friends and mate. Rosalie smiles slightly, a sense of relief filling her up. Angelina grinned widely before hesitatingly shuffling closer to the blonde who tended at the warmth of her body against her own before welcoming it with open arms.

"Thank you," Rosalie whispered in her ears as Angelina learnt against her chest.

"Always." She promised, her eyes filled with love as she gazed at the ice queen above her.

"That didn't take much."