Ch. 11 The Murder of One

TRUST
[3×18]

THE MIKAELSONS NEEDED FIND THE WHITE OAK AND GET UNLINKED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. To do so, Klaus and Rebekah decided to split up. She was staying in Mystic Falls to look for the remaining white oak, while Klaus went to get the blood of all his siblings to unlink them. Given that all of them had ran for the hills after almost being killed by Esther, he had to make several stops. And since I didn't mind going to see Kol and wanted to help keep them alive, I ended up on a road trip with the hybrid. Carol was more than happy to watch Lilly for a weekend.

We had already gotten Kol's blood. Of course, the vampire had once again offered to let me travel with him. And while the idea was almost appealing, I once again said no. Then we found Elijah and got his. All that was left was Finn.

I was actually kind of enjoying myself. My parents didn't travel. I had only ever stayed in two different states, one where my dad had lived, and in Virginia with my mom. Klaus kept making small stops to show me the tourist attractions.

He actually wasn't a bad traveling companion. Unless we were talking or at some tourist attraction, he would usually be sketching something. He never let me see any of them. It was getting a little annoying.

Today we were sitting in our hotel room. I had been video chatting with Carol, who was definitely enjoying her grandma time. Klaus was sketching as usual. I hopped up, walking over to him. "Can I see?" I wondered. He quickly moved the sketch pad so I couldn't. "This is getting annoying."

He chuckled and flipped through a few pages. He looked at it, before sighing. "Here," he said. He handed me the book and I looked at the page. I was surprised to see it was me with Lilly.

I remembered it. Klaus had been sitting across from me, sketching, while I had been trying to teach Lilly how to say Bekah. Rebekah had been sitting with Klaus, whining about how Lilly already said mom, Aunt Care, Bon Bon and Day, but didn't know how to say her name yet.

"I love it," I said.

"Really?" Klaus asked.

"Yeah, it was funny watching how annoyed Rebekah got that day. She was mad Lilly even had a way to say Damon's name but not hers," I said. Klaus smiled, remembering it.

"Can I have this?" I wondered. Klaus looked at me for a minute, before nodding. He carefully tore the page out and handed it to me.

|

Me and Klaus walked up behind the eldest Mikaelson. "Hello, Finn," Klaus said.

"Hello, Niklaus. Oh, did you bring your little girlfriend with you this time?" he asked.

"I'm very persuasive," I promised, making Finn scoff.

"I have nothing to say to either of you," Finn said.

"I'm not here to chat. I will ask you one time, though, where is our mother?" Klaus wondered, as we walked down the sidewalk.

"Gone to find another way to end our abominable lives. And when she does, I will sacrifice myself all over again," Finn said.

"How fortunate that we found you. I require your assistance," Klaus said.

"I have no wish to help you. Only to see you dead," Finn told him.