Ch. 5 My Brother's Keeper

MISS MYSTIC FALLS
[4×07]

SOMETIMES I REALLY WISHED I DIDN'T LOVE MY SISTER AS MUCH AS I DID. She had once again wrangled me into helping with the event she was planning. That event was Miss Mystic Falls. The two of us stood outside, setting things up. She was currently on the phone with Stefan, trying to wrangle him aswell. "What do you mean, you're not coming? I don't need to remind you that your Miss Mystic Falls attendance record totally sucks," Caroline said.

I smiled. "Just come, Stefan. Otherwise she will never leave you alone," I said as I passed by my sister.

"Yep, and you're a founding family member. By definition, you have to be there," she told him.

"Elena and I broke up. By definition, I don't have to be anywhere," he said.

"Did that sound as depressing to you as it did to me?" Caroline asked.

"I think so," I said.

"I'm not depressed. I just want to rip into someone's artery and feed until I can't breathe anymore," Stefan said.

"Thanks for that visual," I muttered.

"Well, you can't. As your sober sponsor, I'm not going to let that happen. Try and sublimate," Caroline told him.

"She said she has feelings for Damon," Stefan said. I raised an eyebrow as a look of disgust crossed my sister's face.

"What? She can't have feelings for Damon! He's Damon, and you're you, and I'm revolted! You know, I'm gonna talk to her. I'm going to shake some sense into her clearly diseased brain," Caroline said.

"Yeah, well, I don't know what good that'll do. Elena's right. Being a vampire really has changed her," Stefan said.

"All the more reason you need to cure her," Caroline told him. She was talking about the cure to vampirism, which apparently existed.

Elena started walking towards us. "Hey, I gotta go. Be careful and remember, there's sublimating and then there is insanity," Caroline warned.

"I'll be fine, bye," Stefan said. Caroline hung up and we smiled innocently at Elena.

|

"I'm your best friend and I would never pick sides, but are you sure this is what you want? Because Stefan is your soul mate," Caroline said.

"Well, I agree that it is a Salvatore," I muttered. "Just not that one."

Elena gave us both looks. "Sorry, picking sides," Caroline muttered. I nodded.

"It's not like I don't love Stefan anymore, but I can't deny that ever since I turned, my feelings for Damon have become more intense," Elena said.

"Yeah, I know, Stefan filled me in on all the gory Damon details," Caroline said, sounding disgusted.

"He did?" Caroline nodded. "Is he okay?" Elena asked.

"No, he's heartbroken," Caroline snapped.

"Well, what was I supposed to do? Lie to him?" Elena wondered.

"No, but you weren't supposed to let Damon weasel his way into your confused, newbie vampire heart," she said.

"Well, he did, and that's exactly what I am- confused. I need to figure out what these feelings actually mean," Elena said.