Ch. 6 Rose

FIRST DAY
[2×08]

MOVING BACK HOME ALSO MEANT RETURNING TO MYSTIC FALLS HIGH SCHOOL. Despite all of the problems I had already, I was still a senior. Me and Caroline got ready together. I was trying to look presentable, while also being a little sleep deprived from my daughter who had not understood that Mom had school this morning. Damon came by, wanting to be caught up on what else had gone on at the Lockwood party.

"So, Sarah attacks Tyler, and he pushed her away, and she tripped, and she fell, and she hit her head," Caroline was saying.

"Did Matt remember anything?" Damon wondered from the doorway of my sister's room. Me and Care were both in front of her mirror doing our makeup.

"He thinks he blacked out," I told him, putting on lipstick. Damon nodded.

"But I think- I think they were both compelled by Katherine. That's why I covered for Tyler and said it was an accident," Caroline said.

"Yeah, I don't understand that. The guy's a tool," Damon said.

I turned and to give him a look. "Sorry, forgot he was your baby-daddy," Damon said.

My eyes widened while Caroline turned to look at me. "Lilly's dad is Tyler?" she asked. I bit my lip. "Oh, my God! I thought the reason you wouldn't tell anyone was because you had cheated or something. It's actually Tyler?"

I nodded, sighing. "Does he know?" she asked.

"I think last night would have been much more awkward if he had known, Care. I just got back. Last night was the first time I had seen him in forever and with everything going on, I just didn't see it being the appropriate time to drop the your-a-dad-I'm- sorry-I-didn't-tell-you bombshell," I explained.

"Wait, does he even know you were pregnant?" she asked.

"Nope, if he did he would have figured out she was his," I said.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me," Caroline whined.

"Can we skip the teen drama and get back to the matter at hand?" Damon wondered.

"Right, sorry," Caroline said. "Tyler getting blamed for Sarah's death just opens up questions he can't answer. And do you really think it is a good idea for him to tell his mom he's a werewolf?"

"Well, no," Damon said.

"And that werewolf road leads straight to vampire boulevard. I thought I was thinking fast on my feet," Caroline said.

"Where's your mom?" he asked.

"Leading the search party for Aimee Bradley. They haven't found the body yet," I said.

"Oh, teens today and their underage drinking. Tragic. Wait, did you see Tyler's eyes turn yellow?" he wondered.

I wondered if he just had a mental condition that kept him from staying on one topic.

"More gold with amber highlights," Care told him.

"Ohh," Damon said. I just rolled my eyes at my sister's description.

"Can he turn into a wolf now?" Caroline asked.

"Only on a full moon, but now he has increased strength and who knows what else. I wonder how much Mason told him. Does he know about us?"