Ch. 4 Plan B

DAUGHTER
[2×06]

ME AND CAROLINE STAYED WITH THE SALVATORES, WHILE WE WAITED ON THE VERVAIN TO LEAVE OUR MOM'S SYSTEM. We walked down to the basement to check on her. Our mother avoided eye contact, not even looking at us as we entered. Both of us noticed her uneaten tray of food.

"You're not eating much," Caroline told her. Our mom didn't look at her, she just stayed silent.

I forced a fake smile. "Good news! Dr. Damon said the vervain's almost out of your system. So with any luck, you'll be freshly compelled and back in your own bed by tonight," I told her with fake enthusiasm. Still no response.

"Are you really just going to pretend like I don't exist?" Caroline asked.

"Yes. So please go," Mom said.

"As usual, you don't care. Got it. Just like before I was a vampire," Caroline said, picking up the food tray.

We headed towards the door. "It's not like she died or anything," I muttered.

"Is she- are you- are you really dead?" Mom asked her, making us both stop at the door. My sister turned back towards her.

"Yes and no," Caroline said.

I patted her on the shoulder and took the food tray. "I'll give you two a minute," I said and went upstairs. I washed the dishes, before deciding to go back to my house.

|

I quietly snuck into my house, hoping Katherine wasn't there. Thankfully she wasn't. I grabbed a few things and headed back for the Salvatores. I hopped into my car and heard my phone begin ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket, it was my father. I thought for a minute, then ignored it. If it was an emergency then he would think to send me a text. I went back to see my mom and sister.

|

Pushing open the door to the Salvatore home, I walked in, heading towards my mom's cell. I found Caroline talking to Bonnie Bennett in the hall. They were talking about the moonstone, which I hadn't heard about yet. They were going to go get it from a well together. I knew they hadn't been on the best terms since Caroline turned.

They both went to leave, but then Bonnie noticed me. "Rory! Oh, my gosh, you're back," she said, hugging me.

"Yep," I said.

"Umm, we're kind of in a hurry, but you can come with if you want to," Bonnie offered.

"I'm good. Handle the supernatural drama, then we can catch up and I will explain how I know about the supernatural drama," I told her.

"Okay," she said, pulling me into another hug.

|

I walked into my mom's cell in the basement of the Salvatore house. "Hey, I brought you some books to read. They're from my shelf. I read all of them while I was with Dad," I told her.

She smiled, taking them. "I bought these for you your first year of high school. I never thought you'd read them," she told me.

"Yeah, well, boredom is a big motivator," I explained. She looked at the covers and skimmed the backs, while I stood there awkwardly. "I guess I'll head back upstairs."