Chapter 9: Mission Runaway

Chapter 9

After getting ready to go shopping, I still didn't have it in me to go with him. I couldn't even say his name. How dare he just command me and mark his territory when I'm not his. He doesn't own me. I'm just his victim.

I don't even know why I have to go shopping with him, it wasn't like I was actually staying here all my life.

Yes there were only about three suits of clothing in the closet and I was wearing the second pair but it was a pair too much because I wasn't staying here long enough to wear the third.

As much as I opposed the idea of shopping, doing it with my kidnapper was a whole other level of insanity and completely outlandish in my books.

I never really understood the perks and enjoyment one gets while spending an entire day walking around in crowded stores, doing nothing more than spending all their money and liquidating their bank accounts on nothing more than material things that might not even last a year.

You can call me cheap but I prefer the term thrifty, it had a better ring to it. But considering that I didn't exactly walk with cash whilst being kidnapped, I guess Thane was paying. At least that was a plus.

This trip seemed to becoming more appeasing as I thought about it because it did open an opportunity for me. I just had to play my cards right and hopefully I will be within the confines of my home by tonight.

Things seem to be in my odds as I stepped out of the bedroom and walked towards the living room, of the top floor, and saw Thane.

He looked dejected, like he was about to beg for my forgiveness from the look on his face.

I felt like jumping for joy but in all honesty I felt like comforting him. Note to self; check into the mental institute when I get home.

As soon as I stepped into the room he looked up at me with those puppy dog eyes. Those beautiful brown eyes, they looked like a sea of chocolate and I was definitely drowning in it.

I mentally slapped myself to snap out of this trance state I fell into.

"Emery..." Thane whispered.

I simply gave him the silent treatment in return.

I walked to the kitchen fully aware that he was following me, time to implement step one. I grabbed a glass of water as he stood on the opposite side of the counter.

"Emery I know what I said was inexcusable and unwarranted, but you have to believe me when I say I'm sorry. Can you please just look at me?" he gently asked.

I know he wanted to try those darn puppy dogs eyes that makes me melt inside but I didn't want him to know that was my kryptonite.

I reluctantly turned around and saw a glimmer of a smile appear on him but disappeared just as quickly as it came as his entire facial features held torment.

I constantly sipped my water and looked into my glass so I wouldn't be trapped in those chocolate sea he called eyes.

"The heat of the moment got to my head and I said things I wish I could take back. I know I don't own you Emery and that's the last thing I meant to say. Hurting you is the last thing on my agenda and I didn't mean to do it. I know it's selfish of me to ask this, but please forgive me. Please?"

The look in his eyes, the sincerity he displayed and my stupid heart all wanted me to forgive him. And I would've but my brain overpowered all that with common sense. I continued to not speak to him and when he saw I was in no rush to answer, he continued.