Chapter 29: The Beast

Chapter 29

"Thane, I swear I can-"

"No!" He growled angrily at me and it was the first time that he had ever channeled that amount of rage at me. Guess the fairy tale dream from yesterday was over.

"Please, hear me out." I tried again and stepped closer to him but he walked away towards the bedroom with his back to me.

"I don't want to hear it," He growled. "Get dressed, we're about to meet the vile human who thought he could dare come into my land and take one of my wolf."

I walked behind him to try and get through to him but he slammed the bedroom door in my face and I heard the tell tale sign of the lock clicking.

He really just locked me out of the room and refused to listen to me.

I wanted to yell at him but knew he wouldn't listen so I tried my new power out, mind link. I tried to envision and reach Thane in my mind but I couldn't feel his presence and knew he was blocking me out.

My stomach was in knots and I was scared about how Thane was going to treat the situation but he wouldn't listen to anything that I had to say.

Within five minutes, Thane emerged from the bedroom freshly showered and dressed. He looked confused to see me still standing there outside the door but after looking me up and down he stepped around me and muttered, "Grab your shoes."

Not knowing what else I could do but go along with the situation I hurriedly grabbed a pair of tennis shoes and slipped them on my feet before following him out the door, pancakes and marriage forgotten.

Thane walked ahead of me at a fast pace and I could barely catch up especially since the pain I had didn't completely subside.

I couldn't help but slow down a bit when I couldn't manage to walk any faster and Thane abruptly stopped but didn't dare turn back, "Keep up would you."

"My lady bits are sore, would you slow down." I grin out because he was infuriating.

He turned back slightly and glanced at me with a worried expression but it was gone as soon as it came. Instead of apologizing, he kept going but at a noticeably slower pace.

I realized we were headed towards the Crypt when we passed the pack house and even though Jake deserved to rot in hell, I couldn't condone the death of anyone.

Human, wolf or rogue.

We made it to the Crypt a little longer than usual because of my slow pace but as we walked up to the underground building, I realized we weren't going inside because a few pack members surrounded someone who was on their knees, restrained in the grass a few meters away from the Crypt.

As we made it closer though I realized it wasn't Jake, it was a guy named Ian. He was Jake's best friend and a hunter as well. I felt a sudden chill down my spine because it meant that Jake was still out there with the knowledge of the wolves.

"Alpha, Luna." Everyone greeted us as we met them and I could see Ian staring at me in shock as if he couldn't believe I was actually there.

"This is the sedative we found back in the pack house." Lucas handed over the needle that Jake gave me that day and I gasped at the sight of it.

How did they even find it?

I could see Thane tense and I felt the anger radiating off of him as he looked at the vile of liquid before turning to glare daggers at me. But it wasn't just his eyes on me, it everyone's eyes giving me a shocked and outraged glare.

"How'd you find this?" Thane asked the question I was thinking.

Lucas glanced at Ian with a sickening expression, "He said he gave the Luna it three days ago when he found her here so Bailey went in and sniffed it out."