Chapter 14: Werewolfing 101

Chapter 14

I felt a heavy arm resting around my waist as I awoke. A manly aroma filled my nostrils as I came to my senses but I didn't want to get up. I was pressed against a hard, warm body which felt like heaven. Knowing that this may be a dream I unknowingly snuggled closer as the arm gripped me tighter.

Then everything from yesterday came rushing back to me and my eyes instantly shot open.

Thane. Werewolf.

I looked at the arm that held me secured to their body and instantly knew it was none other than Thane. The warmth that his body was radiating felt divine and the tiny sparks that appeared on my skin wherever we touched felt like magical touches but I knew that this wasn't right. Mate or not, I barely knew Thane and yet here I was lying in his bed snuggling with him.

Just the thought of Thane being the beast made me sick because of what he was capable of.

I gently moved his arm off my body which was a challenging task because he held on to me like a koala bear. After a few attempts I successfully got his hand off me, sat up and looked down at the guy next to me.

Thane was sound asleep and he looked much younger. There wasn't any sign of stress or frown lines that graced his face when he was awake. Instead he looked liked a true nineteen year old and dare I admit slightly more handsome, if possible.

I thought he was light sleeper but as I got off the bed ungracefully and not quiet at all, I was surprised to see him still asleep.

Not wanting to be caught in bed with him I rushed off to the bathroom to get ready for another day stuck with Thane. I wonder if he had anymore secrets to drop on me.

Without a second thought I grabbed a pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt from Thane's closet and went about getting ready.

The steamy bath helped clear my mind and distress from all the information that was laid on me the day before. Realizing I have been in the shower for quite some time I grabbed a towel and stepped out of Thane's luxurious enclosure only to come face to face with the beast himself.

"Good morning." He greeted with a smirk as he casually stood leaning against the door frame, staring me up and down.

"What are doing in here?!" I exclaimed as I pulled my towel tighter around me.

He just chuckled as he continued to stare at me, "What? Can't a guy stare at his girl?"

I gave him a bewildered look, "Since when was I your girl and don't you know how to knock?"

"You know if you had woken me up we could have conserved water right?" He said dodging my question.

"Just go." I said pointing to the door as he got my heart racing.

He walked closer to me so there was barely any space between us and I could've felt the heat radiating off his bare chest. "I'm right outside if you change your mind." He whispered in my ear and his breathe on my neck sent a chill down my spine.

Thane marched his boxer clad body out the door and I couldn't help but admire his rear. He did have a nice ass. 

No Emery what are you thinking, I thought to myself.

He left me all flustered as I quickly changed into my clothes before he came back unannounced. I brushed the nest that was my hair and scrubbed my teeth clean.

When I walked back into Thane's bedroom I was once again amazed at the beautiful sight that was right outside his bedroom window, the beautiful mountains and acres upon acres of green grass that flourished around us with the clear blue sky above. Today was a perfect day to spend outside, maybe I could sneak out when Thane wasn't around.