Chapter 3: New discoveries

* One night before*

Carlisle p.o.v

'Well it's about time to leave' I thought to myself. As it stands, me and my family were in the vast forested Hills of Virgina. We came here as a 'Special Hunting Trip' or a vacation as humans would call it. There were recent killings of humans by the animals here, Alice found out about it in the world news or something. We decided to come here to deplete the overpopulation of animals in the area to subside the number of killings/mauling. My family has been well fed for the past two weeks, it was summer vacation for the kids so we decided to travel by foot instead of car or plane. 

Alice made all the arrangements for our stay at this very nice cabin, she even planned a lot of activities for our trip as well, needless to say we all missed our home in Forks, Washington. I missed my work as well. We even saved a few humans from getting attacked, which pleased me greatly. I took a lot of pride in saving human lives instead of taking them by my own thirst.

"Is everyone ready to head home?" i asked.

As everyone nodded their heads in unison.

"Then lets run." I said with a grin playing on my face as I grabbed the love of my lifes hand, Esme.

As we ran into the night, we crossed the state lines into Kentucky through The Appalachia Mountains on the lower Southeastern part of Virgina. We headed a bit north into the Ohio Valley, to save a bit of time seeing as how we all wanted to get home quicker. We neared the Ohio river that Emmett wanted to swim through, we all slowed to human pace knowing that this part of Kentucky is heavily populated. We were heading to go a bit more north for more forest coverage, then we heard this rapid sound of beating.

We all stopped and stared in confusion at one another, I've never heard such a sound before.... almost like a heartbeat. I worried that some human must be in trouble, Edward nodded his head in agreement to my thoughts. I looked to the rest of my family.

"I want to see if it's a human in trouble, Alice can you see who it is?" I said.

Alice concentrated on her future for us, she came back a bit perplexed.

"I can't see a thing!" She said in a surprised tone.

"What do you guys think?" I asked them all.

"I still think we should see if we can be of any help." said Esme with worry on her face.

Most likely for the human, if the person should be in any pain or trouble. She's too caring and it fills my heart with joy at her choice.

"Me and Jasper agrees with mom." Alice said with confusion plastered to her face.

"I want to see as well." stated Edward.

I turned to Emmett and Rose for their answers.

"Go ahead, but if this changes anything, I will kill each of you myself!" said Rose.

Emmett nodded in agreement at her words.

We took off in the direction of the fast heartbeat, it kind of sounded like a humming birds wings. We all neared a section of condos in an area called Lyndon, I was walking in a small narrow sidewalk with Esme by my side and the rest behind us. Then we spotted the culprit of this strange heartbeat, it was a girl.

She had long dark brown hair, almost black in the night. Her face was very beautiful and contained chocolate brown eyes, her complexion was flawless. The color of her skin was very pale, close to my own but hers had a slight ivory tone to it. She was wearing Black pants with some kind of fitted top, with knee high leather buckled boots, she held a dark, depressed look to her...almost Gothic but she was very beautiful so it complemented her very well. 

She didn't notice out arrival and seemed deep in thought, she had something lit in her hand. As she brought it up the her lips, I realized it was a cigarette. She soon exhaled with smoke filling the air and I decided to announce ourselves. 

Which turned out to be a very bad idea.

************************************************************************************************************

Thank you to everyone who has read my story so far!! I really appreciate this, I would love for some possible story ideas for future chapters, i really would like you guys to vote because i want to know if you all like the story or not. I will try to post at least once a week, usually a Saturday or Sunday. depending on the amount of school work that i have. Enjoy my lovelies

--LeeBells