Chapter 2: Afraid from Within

I quickly access the numbers and situation, my eyes trace out the leader of the coven. My thoughts fly to capturing the vampire so the other six will hesitated to attack me, especially the huge one. I held my shield closely around me in case any of them have special abilities like mine. Almost instantly my muscles retracted, anticipation at the awaiting spring towards the leader, the word 'Go' announced in my head and my body sprang into a leap towards the blond haired leader, in mid-leap hands caught me around my waist.

I swiveled my head to see the dark curly headed huge guy as the owner of this intrusion and my body automatically twisted out of his grip. I landed behind him, as my feet touched the gravel he spun around with a confused look on his face. Quickly taking advantage of his confusion, I felt my thigh muscles contract, my foot connected with his abdominal section and sent him flying about ten feet away and landed at the foot of his blond haired leader.

As he jumped to his feet, the leader grabbed his shoulder and said "No, Emmett."

My body was taken over by my instincts and quickly crouched down, preparing for a second attack. My body coiled in response to the dark curly haired ones position. I surveyed the vampires before me, I saw only seven pairs of golden eyes staring directly back. There were faces of worry on each except for two, One being a bronze haired boy who looked about 17 with confusion displayed on his face and the second was a long blond haired girl with nothing but pure fury being radiated from her expression. I figured she was the guy called 'Emmett's' mate, motion caught out of the corner of my eye. My eyes flickered to the cause of it, I was met with the blond haired leader again, his hands raised with a gesture of surrender as he began to speak.

"We do not mean you any harm, we were just curious." He said.

I let his words soak in, my body straightened out but still a bit hunched since I wasn't sure if I could trust him or the others yet. I decided to be curious and guard my words.

"What are you curious about?" I asked.

"About what you are." The blond haired leader stated.

I processed this and I realized that I hated mentally calling them by their hair color.

"What are your names?" I asked with curiosity covering my voice.

"Of course, how rude of us, My name is Carlisle Cullen and this is my family," I cocked my head to the side a bit at the mention of the word family, I mentally cursed myself at the fact that I didn't use my power of past to see who they were. As he continued to tell me their names, he went from left to right.

"This is Jasper Whitlock Cullen and his wife/mate Alice Cullen," I flinched when I looked into her past- So dark. She shot me a questioning look at me but I ignored it. Carlisle kept speaking.

"My wife/mate Esme Cullen, this is Edward Masen Cullen," He was the one with the confused expression which still seemed to linger there but there was a lot of frustration mixed in. I turned my attention back to the last two as Carlisle said the blond was named Rosalie who was as I expected Emmett's mate. I was in deep thought while finishing looking into Rosalie's past. I felt sympathy towards her.

"What's wrong dear?" asked Esme. Shock took over my expression, realizing what she meant I simply shook my head, conveying my words.

"Would you mind telling us your name?" asked Edward.

"My name is Isabella Lee Swan." I stated.

"Well, Isab-" "Call me Bella." I said as I interrupted Carlisle.

"OK, Bella. It is very nice to meet you." said Carlisle, as he stepped forward with his left hand extended. I slowly moved forward and grasped his hand, only to signal that I will no longer attack this family of vampires. As I released his hand and scrapped back into my original position, a awkward silence settled in the air, waiting for someone to break it. After a few silent moments, Carlisle decided to speak up.

"Let me tell the story of my past and I'll let them explain their own." stated Carlisle.

"That will not be necessary." I replyed. Everyone had looks of shock and confusion etched upon their faces.