Epilogue

Three years later...

Kabadong-kabado si Ken. It's Ahn's debut. She's finally old enough to decide. He tsk­-ed when the tie got messed up again. Kanina pa nanginginig ang kamay niya, hindi tuloy niya mailagay ng maayos ang necktie.

"Here, let me," sabi ni Iya sa kanya.

His sister's bloomed over the years. Dalagang-dalaga na ito. She looked very happy, and it's because of Hans. He still couldn't believe na tatlong taon nang magkarelasyon ang dalawa. To think na noong una, wala syang katiwa-tiwala kay Hans. Now, he's practically part of the family.

"Ayan, okay na."

"Thanks."

Iya smiled at him. "Relax, Ken."

Huminga siya ng malalim. "What if she says no?"

"Ano ka ba. Stay calm, okay? She won't say no to you. You've been there for her for three long years. That's enough dedication to convince her that you're a keeper. Any girl would be so lucky to have you, Ken."

Those words from his twin boosted his confidence. He had been very good for the past three years. Botong-boto sa kanya ang pamilya ni Ahn. He even overheard their parents talk about marriage, not that it's going to happen anytime soon.

Pero sigurado syang suportado silang dalawa ng kani-kanyang pamilya. Perfect match, ika nga ni Iya.

Sa isang private venue idinaos ang debut. Everyone's looking great in their gowns and tuxedos. Ahn was breathtaking. Kung noon ay gandang-ganda na sya rito, mas lalo pa ngayong nagdalaga na ito. She looked very feminine in her red gown. Over the years, natuto na itong mag-ayos. Natatandaan pa niya noong unang beses itong nag-dress for their platonic date. Nagmukha siyang tanga noon, hindi sya makapagsalita.

He was lost for words. Now, he's quickly losing air.

He heaved a sigh as the programme started.

Ahn danced gracefully with her seventeen roses. All the while, he kept his hands on her, memorizing her every move, smiling whenever she smiles... He was so engrossed in watching that he didn't even notice that it was already his turn.

Buti na lang at siniko sya ni Iya.

Dali-dali siyang pumunta sa gitna, to his waiting Ahn. She smiled at him as she took his hand.

"Are you nervous?" she asked.

"Halata ba?" nakangiwi niyang tanong.

Tumawa ito ng mahina saka tumango. "Don't worry, hindi lang ikaw."

He squeezed her trembling hands, glad that he wasn't the only one feeling nervous.

"Do you want to go someplace else?" tanong nito sa kanya maya-maya.

Tumango sya.

Ahn led her out of the dance floor, away from the eyes of their friends and family. She sat near the fountain, still holding his hand. Hindi naman niya binawi ang kamay niya.

Hinarap siya nito. He tried his best to remain calm.

"Ken, about us..."

"Yes?"

Pakiramdam niya'y sasabog na ang puso nya sa sobrang kaba. This is the moment he's been waiting for.

Ahn cupped his face with her other hand and gave him an apologetic smile.

"I-I'm sorry."