IJLT 45 - Fireworks

Hans didn't really need to ask for her permission. Nahalikan na naman siya nito, mga dalawang beses na rin yata. And those kisses were taken by force. But now that he asked, mas na-appreciate niya ito. She really wanted to kiss him since the Viking ride. If it's the old Hans, he would just curse and leave her there, kung ayaw nitong sumakay.

He did curse though, hindi nga lang directed sa kanya. And he endured the dizzying ride and possibly an utter humiliation just to be with her there, on that huge swinging boat. Kisses aren't to be seen as rewards, but at that moment, she felt like she have to reward him with that.

When she said yes, she could see his eyes twinkle. Maybe it was the fireworks reflecting in his eyes, but it tugged at her heart, whatever it really is. Kapag ang lalaki, humihingi ng permiso, alam mong may respeto. Dahil hindi nya na lang basta ginagawa ang mga bagay na gusto nya. Isinasaalang-alang nya rin yung kagustuhan mo.

Hans gently pulled her to him, cupping her face with one hand while the other's on her waist. Nang pumikit ito ay pumikit na rin siya. And then, another set of fireworks worked their way up the sky. Or maybe it's her insides, bursting with so much joy.

She held on to his nape, her fingers lacing on his short hair. Now she'll never know the feeling of those long locks tangling on her fingers. But his hair's undeniably soft, para kang humahawak sa bulak. She figured that Hans doesn't use hair gel, like most guys.

She opened her mouth to gasp for air, but he quickly covered it with his. Para siyang nalulunod. Literal na nahihilo siya dahil sa unti-unting pagkawala ng hangin sa baga niya. But she liked the feeling. Parang ayaw na niyang matapos.

It's clear that Hans didn't want to stop either. It felt like they were kissing for forever. And it's not until the sky had gone quiet, and the crowd erupted in cheers, and the light went back on, that they finally stopped.

Humiwalay ito sa kanya. There's this wild look in his eyes na nakapagpakilabot sa kanya. She had never seen his eyes like that.

"I'm sorry," he muttered.

"For kissing me?" kunot-noo niyang tanong.

Hans shook his head, messing up his hair in doing so. She wanted to touch his hair again. Parang mas malambot pa iyon sa buhok niya.

"For prolonging the kiss. I only meant to give you a peck."

Well, it was so much more than a peck. Naramdaman niyang nag-init ang mukha niya.

"I-It's not your fault."

"You're right. It's yours. You made me lose control."

--

Ken was equally happy. Inihatid niya si Ahn sa bahay nito and his ninong insisted na pumasok muna siya sa loob. Maybe so he could inspect Ahn and if he finds anything wrong or amiss with her, Ken's there to take all the blame.

Nakahinga naman sila pare-pareho nang makitang nasa ayos lang si Ahn. They insisted that he stay for dinner. Akala naman niya ay kung bakit. Papaglutuin lang pala sya.

It was quite fun. Tumulong ang magkakapatid sa kanya sa paghahanda ng kakainin habang ang ninong at ninang naman niya ay nag-aalaga sa bunso ng pamilya. Si Manang Soling naman ay nakaupo na lang at nanunuod ng TV habang kumakain.

Ahn told him that the old lady had been with the family since her mom's childhood. Kahit wala na halos itong ginagawa sa bahay ay okay lang sa kanila. Parte na kasi ito ng pamilya. Lalo na't malalaki na rin ang mga apo nito.

Manang Soling likes him very much. She said he reminds her of her grandson, Mikoy. Kaya namann botong-boto ito sa kanya para kay Ahn.

"Ano'ng ulam?" tanong ni Manang.