Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Far away in his thoughts, a man walks on a dirty, overgrown path, it looks like he has walked this path many times before but still doesn't know where it leads.

The grass is covered in morning dew, although it hadn't been cold that night. The Old Man follows it until it ends in the middle of the bright woods, there is a small wooden house overgrown with moss in the middle of an open spot between the trees. It fits in perfectly, like everything the woods. The Old Man feels delighted and calm, he can hear the squirrels run up in the trees and the birds whistling in the top of the trees, the forest smells like freshly mowed grass and wildflowers. He stands here for about 2 minutes he walks into the cabin, the inside has a cozy interior and the shelves are filled with books. A huge fireplace warms the house. He feels happy and warm, he takes his favorite book and starts reading.

Peter slowly opens his eyes, there is a pressure on his shoulder and he kind of shies when he realizes it's Wendy. And then he remembers, she fell asleep against the wall last night and apparently so did he. She must have fallen over. Wendy is still asleep and after a look at her peaceful face he decided to cancel his plan of blowing in her face until she wakes up, it was kind of a mean idea anyway, so he carefully puts her upright against the wall and then quietly leaves the room.

———————————————————————————————————————'Are you awake?'

Wendy scares up by Peter's voice. He's sitting in front of her, his legs crossed, an enthusiastic and eager look on his face.

'What are you doing!? Why...what...whý!?' she stutters.

'Calm, calm... I'm not creepy watching you, I just walked in, saw you were waking up and...' he gestures around him, to the situation.

'And?' she asks.

He rubs his neck kind of awkwardly.

'And I wanna show you something' he answers with the crooked smile Wendy starts to get used to by now.

'Sure' she answers with a twinkle.

They get on their feet simultaneously and together they leave the hole. She follows him to the woods, it's still early in the morning, but the woods are already alive, birds whistle in the trees and a soft summer breeze makes the leaves twinkle like stars.

'Where are we going?' Wendy asks with a loud voice.

'Sst!' replies Peter.

He suddenly stands still and frowns a little as he looks around but then his face lights up. Wendy does a step closer and stares in the direction he's facing, trying to see what he sees.

'Look' he whispers, pointing at something between the trees in front of them.

Wendy jumps back, she dives behind Peter and clamps her hands around his shoulders. A little squeaky sound escapes from her mouth and Peter starts to laugh.

'What?' she whispers tense, her hands still on his shoulders.

'What?' he repeats in a much calmer voice.

'Those are...wolves!' she says incredulously.

He nodds.

'Indeed they are'

He quickly glances at Wendy's hand on his shoulder and she immediatly lets him go, as if he'd given her a shock.

'So what's next?' she asks, her heart is still beating fast.

He gestures her to follow him, and so she does. Peter slowly walks up to the wolves and he takes a piece of dried meat out of his pocket. He slowly puts it on the ground in front of him and the wolves cautiosly eat it and than start to walk away. Peter follows right behind them and Wendy doubtingly behind Peter. After a short while Peter suddenly stops. Wendy almost bumps into him, but stops just in time. The wolves walk away, but Peter doesn't follow them. He just stands still, a serene look on his face. Wendy just opens her mouth to say something when the wolves appear again, but this time they're both carrying a cub. A little sound escapes before she covers her mouth with her hands.

'They're adorable!' she yells while looking at the little wolves and their big, dark eyes.

'I know' answers Peter with a smug smile. 'I thought you could use the distraction'

She looks at him from the side and he starts to turn red.

'It's perfect...' she says while smiling a little. 'How did you find them?'

'If you really want to find something, Neverland will bring it to you. I knew you were sad, so Neverland brought me this' he says gesturing to the adorable baby wolves.

Peter relaxes a little and together they stay to watch the wolf cubs.

———————————————————————————————————————

Wendy and Peter walk back to the Hole, Wendy is afraid what will happen now, will Peter starts to be mean again because of the other Boys? Or will he stay the same? Wendy is afraid that if he stays the same he is now, she might find him nice one day, but she also doesn't want him to be mean again.

'Peter, can I just go in the cell myself this time, I really don't like being thrown you know?' she says with a small voice.

'Of course' Peter says with a big smile on his face.

As they pass the doorway one of the boys walks past them and says:

'Its done Pan' with a mysterious tone.

Wendy freaks out, are they gonna hurt her again? What will happen to her? She immediately stands still, as if she doesn't move nothing will happen.

'Come on...' Peter mumbles while pulling her arm with a mysterious smile on his face. 'You'll be fine, believe me'

When she walks in her hearts swells a little and she smiles, they got rid of the door of her cell and placed a bed in there, in the corner they stacked some books for her to read.

'Do you like it?'asks Peter with an insecure voice 'It's the best we could make of it...'

'Thank you' she says startled, she definitely didn't saw this coming.

'We are having dinner in about 30 minutes, and I expect you to come' he says with a demanding voice, but then he laughs while walking away, leaving Wendy alone and confused.

As she lays down on her new bed and looks at the ceiling she wonders, how is she going to get away from this island? How is she gonna convince John to come with her? And how is it going with Micheal? There is only one thing that she's certain about: she has to go home to help Micheal. She knows she can't do this all on her own. Maybe she can ask Peter for help, but can she trust him?