Chapter 1

"Now please welcome The Flying Graysons!" Haly ,the ringmaster, yelled out to the crowd as they all cheered.

"They will be performing death defying stunts, without the safety of a net!" Haly said as John and Mary Grayson appeared up on the ledge with their 8 year old son Richard Grayson.

Mary gave Richard a big hug, as both her and her husband, John, as they started doing trapeze tricks, without a net.

Richard watched in amazement, he heard a squeaking noise and looked up and saw it was the rig that looked like it was about to break. Richard tried to yell to his parents to get off but, it was too late. They fell, the last words Mart said to Richard was "Robin" that was his nickname his mom gave him, and the last words she said. Before she and John fell to their death.

Richard watched in horror as he saw his parents lying there, their lifeless body and all the blood. He cried, and cried, the police and ambulance showed up, thanks to Bruce Wayne. Bruce wanted to talk to Richard but he ran off. He was still crying, just the thought of his parents.

~~~

Richard quickly woke up, tears running down his face and sweat coming from his forehead. It has been 5 years since the night of his parents' death. He is now 13, he lives in a old hotel that no one uses anymore, which is good for him.

Ever since the night of his parents' death he has changed a lot. Even after Zucco got arrested for sabotaging the rig, he would go out at night and steal.

He would steal money from banks, food from stores and supplies he needs. He was a criminal. A wanted criminal.

Some days when he goes out a guy would chase him, throw bat shape things at him. But Richard would always escape, thanks to his acrobatics.

It was now 3am, Richard couldn't go back to sleep so he decided he would pay a gas station a surprise visit.

He got out of bed and quickly changed into some dark clothing, he got his sunglasses to hide his identity and it'll make him look way cool.

Richard went out of the old hotel room he was staying in and went to the nearest gas station. Which was a couple blocks down, he knew he shouldn't be out in Gotham at night, but he could probably run away from them.

When he got to the gas station he went in there and saw the guy at the counter just reading a book, Richard went up to him and yanked the book out of his hand and hit him across the face with and he passed out.

Richard went to get some more food and some water. And he ran out of the store with his supplies in a bag from the gas station.

He was almost back to the run down hotel, till a guy dropped down in front of him. He had a mask on, obviously, and his mask had two pointed things coming out from it, he looked similar to a bat.

"Get out of my way, bat dude." Richard said trying to shove his way past the guy but failed, the guy punched him. But not too hard, just enough to knock him out.

"Agent A, I got him." The mysterious guy said while holding a hand to his ear, he made one mistake though, he turned his back on Richard.

Batman's pov
When I turned around, he was gone! I can not believe I turned around on him!

I facepalmed and made my way to the batmoblie, to tell Alfred I didn't catch up and to do more research on the kid.

Once I got back to the Batcave, Alfred was there waiting for me and the boy I was supposed to have, but didn't.

"Master Batman. Where is the boy?" Alfred asked as I getting out of the batmobile.

"I turned my back on him and he must've took off. I should've known better!" I said as I took off my mask and headed straight to the bat computer.

"If you caught him once, you will catch him again. What about Richard Grayson, anything about his whereabouts?" Alfred asked, referring to the incident of Haly's circus, when the Flying Graysons fell to their death and their 8 year old boy was left, but he ran away. And ever since I have been trying to find him, no matter what, I don't want him to be like me.

Richard or Dick's pov
I was running away from that bat guy, I kept running and running till I was sure I was far from him. But now I didn't know where I was, great.

I stated to try and trace my steps back so I could get back to the hotel, but I somehow got even more lost! Now I was just wondering around in hopes I could get back to the hotel.

I just walked by an alley when I heard something dropped, like a trash can, and someone falling over. I was curious, so I slowly walked over to where I heard someone fall.

And I was right someone was in the floor just laying there, he had red hair and he was wearing a bright yellow costume and he was wearing red goggles.

I walked in front of him and offered my hand out to him, and he looked up and took it and I helped him up.

"Ha thanks!" The red head said, he was taller than me, on his costume he had a red lighting bolt in the middle of it.

I didn't say anything back to him and I tried to walk off but he quickly ran in front of me, which surprised me.

"Wait, I never told you my name. I'm Kidflash!" Kidflash said sticking his hand out to me. "I-I'm Dick." I said shaking Kidflash's hand as he just smiled at me.

I started to walk away from him and he followed me. "What's your real name? No ones name would be Kidflash." I said while looking up at Kidflash as he was just looking around.

"M-My name is Kidflash! So jokes on you!" Kidflash said with a grin on his face, his smile is amazing.

"I'm not an idiot!" I said while lightly punching him in the arm. "Fine fine, I'll tell you. My real name is Wally." Wally said looking down as we were still walking.

"See, was it that hard?" I said as me and Wally just laughed. We somehow made it to the hotel, but now I have to leave him, but I didn't want to. I had to distract him.

"So where are you heading to?" Wally asked while he was looking at the floor then looked up to me, but I was gone. Already running to the hotel. Before I went in I saw him look down and slowly walk off. I did too, and I didn't know why!

Somethings telling me I'll see him again, along with that bat guy.

A/n
Hey guys, I'm back! I hope you guys will like this book! Okay that's it for now, bye guys 😘😘 stay fresh!!