Remember Us, Remember the Sowers

©12-FEB-2019, Olan L. Smith

Do you remember me? We've met many times before, if not in this life the one before, or the one to follow. I know you as we cycle billions of time at once, here, there, now and hereafter always cycling, writing, noting journeys. I remember you on others world, as other beasts, as a bird, a fly on a wall. Remember me during the civil wars, any war; it doesn't matter which one or on what side, we were there.

Remember me walking the streets of ancient Rome, Greece, or Jerusalem? Remember in the age of the great circle builders, the ones who built the cities in the round, before the flood, before the blight of the grid builders, or those who built great pyramids.

Remember the time I kissed you, and we made love under the stars of a distant planet preparing our minds for a voyage to Earth to seed new life in our image. To alter the DNA already seeded by ancient sowers, a billion ancients a billion sowers, a billion cycles of a billion universes. I remember you, I do. I touched your face the moment I Expired and said, "See you in the next life."

I remember when we decided to insert ourselves into the process of birth and rebirth for the first time. Was it a mistake? Can Creator's error? Over and over, never ending until the light winks out. Then the closing of the universe comes in a finality, greater than all. A huge suction in the void begets nothing, and more. Death is life anew. Consciousness is the creator of the things we see and do not see. Remember your original-self is not in the stars, it's in your thoughts.

A/N: This is a block style poem in paragraphs, nothing fancy just a story. The painting above of the Red day lily was painted by myself: Olan Smith, acrylic on canvas.