CHAPTER 13

AMBER P.O.V.

I love who I am. I love who I am. I love who I am. I chanted in my head as I left my early morning therapy sesh. I meandered down the halls, staring down at my feet going left right left right. When I came to the tricky revolving door, I passed through it with ease and headed to the blue 2011 Prius waiting outside in the firelane parking being driven by my foster mum, Leanna.

I ducked easily into the car as Leanna spoke. "How was your therapy seshion, sweetie?"

"It was alright," I said simply, shrugging my shoulders a couple times.

Leanna looked over at me in her expensive Jimmy Choo sunglasses for a long 3 seconds and then positioned the car into drive and we headed to my new "home".

It's not that I didn't like the 4 story home that consisted of a harebrain mother, a footy obsessed father and two little vermin twins that always asked me if they could wear my bras. It definitely was far away from anything that I called home...in a long time.

~

As soon as we pulled into the driveway, I hopped out of the car quickly and stalked to the front door before I could risk anymore conversation off of Leanna. I walked down the corridor and into the kitchen to see Hank (my foster dad) leaning onto the island; his eyes intently strained upon the miniature TV on the counter near the sink.

I grabbed a banana out of the fruit basket and patted him gently on the back; my way of telling him that I am going to my room and don't bother me.

Still getting used to the place, I crept upstairs silently as if I were to disrupt anything if a single floor board shrieked. My bedroom was the third door on the right and I turned the shiny new doorknob slowly and walked into the foreign room.

All my belongings were in here, but it just didn't feel the same. The shape of the room was different, the way the curtains fell over the near ground level window was different, the smell of all my stuff in this huge room was definitely different.

But something inside of me knew that I had to make it work.

I plopped myself down on the bed and just lay on back looking up at the old glow in the dark stars that were still up there. I counted each one over and over again until I could match them into all the reasons that this room was different.

After 5 minutes of arranging and rearranging the stars in my mind, I got up and felt the need to run. There was so much pent up energy inside of me and I needed to let it escape.

I walked over to my bedroom window, opened it and slipped out and climbed down the side of the house on a bunch of vines. When my feet were safely placed on the ground, I began running to the only place that I found comforting anymore; the gym.

~

After about 35 minutes of me just punching and kicking away at the punching bag as if it were all my problems, 3 boys came into the gym, with every step they took the closer they got to the boxing section I was in.

At first glance, I couldn't make out who they were so I decided to just leave it at that. I went back to kicking and punching the big black bag when a boy with black hair, styled up in a quiff stood next to the punching bag next to mine.

I continued to pound away on the thing hoping to in some way impress this boy next to me. I caught him staring at me from the corner of my eye and I smiled to myself. Good, the boy be intimidated.

I begin to bob and weave around the bag, throwing left jabs and right shin kicks when I saw the boy drop the water bottle he was carrying and walk up over to me. My eyes weren't dead set straight on him so I could see him a little, but not clearly.

Kicking it one last time, but this time with a lot more passion, I heard a familiar voice behind me. "Amber?"

I swiveled around quick at the sound of my name and saw Daniel gaping at me with a somewhat shocked yet happy facial expression. I squinted my eyes at him to make sure I was seeing right and then said, "D-daniel?"

His face lit up in the brightest smile I had ever seen out of him. He just looked me over and then lunged toward me and scooped me up into a big hug. His picked me off my feet and twirled us around and around until I had started giggling and shrieking.

He put me down on my feet, but didn't let go of me. He slid his arms from my waist, down my arms and then stayed set on holding my hands. He swung them back and forth for a bit whilst looking at me as if I was the greatest thing he had seen in his life.

When he wouldn't stop staring at me, I raised my one eyebrow up, but that didn't seem to help. He wrapped his arms around my waist again and buried his face in my hair; smelling me. Finally he spoke. "Amber....I was so fucking scared that I would never see you again."

My mouth dropped open in surprise and I tried to speak, but nothing came out. Daniel lifted his head from my shoulder and looked into my dark blue eyes once more. Once I caught my voice again I said the only thing that came to mind, "...Hi..."

~

"I still can't believe that you lived literally a block from the gym and I haven't seen you at least once," Daniel said, as we walked hand in hand down the street.

"I'm actually not really supposed to be out, but I just couldn't stand the silence in the house."

"How are you out now then?"

"I climbed down the vines outside my bedroom window," I said, proudly. When I turned my head to smile at Daniel, he was already looking at me and giving me a wicked grin.

"Thank you vines," he said, chuckling. He continued to look at me as cars went up and down the road; the lights shining off the back of his so the little stick up hairs could be seen through the glow. When his eyes cast away from mine, I followed his gaze up to the full moon that was plastered into the sky.

My head swiveled back to his face and I saw pure fear. His eyes cast into mine and then looked back at the moon, back and forth back and forth. Everytime they connected with mine, his eyes got bigger and bigger causing me to laugh.

He continued with his eye thing and then let a little whimper and plunked himself down on the curb. I gently sat down next to him, chuckling. When I was sat next to him, he looked up and said, "It's my last night."

I gave him my "What the actual fuckery are you talking about?" eyes and raised an eyebrow. "What the hell are talking about?"

He lifted a shaky finger and pointed toward the full moon. I looked at him for a few seconds and then back at the moon and then back to him. I grasped for his hand and took it firmly.

"It's not your last night, I promise," I said, gripping his hand tightly. He swiveled his head towards mine, our eyes instantly connecting.

"How do you know that?" Daniel asked, his thumb now making small circles on my hand.

"Because you have me," I whispered to him. I leaned in gently and gave him a small peck on the cheek and then pulled away and looked into his eyes. 

We contiuned to stare at each other as if we were trying to remember everything about each other. All sounds were blocked out from us; like we were in our own little romantic bubble.

Suddenly, Daniel lunged toward me and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist; squeezing me to his body. One of his hands delicately rubbed my back and the other stay connected to my side as if it were meant to be there personally.

We stayed like this for a long time until Daniel pulled away; his hands still on my sides. He gazed into my eyes and searched through them as if they were telling a story. His traveled around my face from my jawlines, to my nose, to my lips and then back to my eyes. When our eyes reconnected, Daniel said 10 words I wasn't expecting...

"...You're the best thing that has ever happened to me."

HOLA SLU+S!!! BUT YEAH ANYWAY THIS CHAPPIE IS OVER DUE AND IM SOZ BUT YEAH BEEN BUSY WITH SHIT AND STUFF! BUT YEAH HOW BOUT THE SKIMBER ACTION! LOOL HOPE U LIKED IT AND STAY TUNED FOR ANOTHER CHAPPIE SOON! XX