Chapter Eleven

I saw Nathan first after sending Kat up to a room where I knew other children were, after not being able to find my mother, Nathan was next on my list. I hadn't spoken to him in far too long. And I was keeping my frustration under control.

"Nathan." My voice was sharp and loud.

His head snapped up to look at me. "Yes?"

The girl that he was talking to was a witch a few years younger than the two of us, in front of them on the kitchen table was math homework, of course. I gestured for him to follow me. And he told the girl he'd be back.

"What happened? Did you talk to the witches?" He crossed his arms as he followed me out of the kitchen and into the living room, which was surprisingly empty.

"I found the daughter of the witch I was sent to talk to, her name is Kat, she's upstairs." I rubbed my fingers over my temples. "The hunters had come and taken her mother, and they had nearly found Kat."

Nathan coughed. "Wait, wait." He sat on the edge of the couch. "Hunters took her mother?"

I nodded. "I got there and Kat tackled me thinking that I was a hunter sent back to get her."

Nathan frowned than smirked. "She tackled you because she thought you were a hunter?"

I nodded and then smiled. "Yes. She's a fighter."

"I can tell." He shifted. "What else did you learn?"

I breathed, the frustration coming back to me. "Do you know anything of the first coven?"

"The first coven?"

I nodded.

"I...I know that there was one, that was composed of like...the first witches, the ones that spawned the whole religion. But They existed Thousands of years ago, and surely are just a legend."

I bit my lip. "Kat told me that her mother didn't want kat to really be a part of our world, she said that her mother didn't want to be a part of this world because of some first coven."

Nathan ran his palms over his knees. "And you think she wasn't just bullshtting you? She's just a kid."

I turned to face the fireplace. "Gyn was being really weird the other day, she kept talking about how fate was leading me somewhere."

"That sounds like Gyn being crazy."

I sighed. "I know, I know I sound like I'm spinning in circles looking for something that isn't there. But Nate, There is something that people are keeping from us."

I heard Nathan stand. I felt him moved towards me. "I know you are stressed, and I don't mean to brush off what you say, but, Rose." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "I will talk to our parents with you, but I suggest you take a break from this, if even for an afternoon."