Goodbye, Frank

Gerard's Pov

Frank followed us, he knew the house was unstable and as soon as he jumped then the floor above us would have collapsed. I could hear the jumping faintly above me, seeing the dust fall slowly but as soon as I knew what was about to happen...It was too late.

Sophie was under that rubble, my child was under that rubble. She would have inhaled the dust and ash, hurt herself as the wood collapsed and buried her. Frank just stood there, smiling. He didn't realize what he did, he forgot the part where Sophie was pregnant, he thought the baby was his but of course it isn't.

I ran and started chucking the wood away, trying to find the colour of flesh, trying to find my Sophie just laying there peacefully, hopefully not too harmed.

"Sophie, Sophie! Talk to me please!" I begged whilst my throwing action became faster. I panicked, what if they both died? My child and my girlfriend? How would I live? "SOPHIE!" I screamed, tears filling my eyes. I couldn't have her dead, I couldn't have them both dead.

A muffled cough came from beneath a pile of wood, I threw it away to reveal a grey, dusty face. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was faint. I picked her up, out of the rubble and stood up straight wiping away some of the ash and dust from her face. 

"Sh, it's okay, Sophie" I pecked her forehead making her turn her head frowning. I stared at Frank who was now staring, he was oh so pale. He probably just realized what he did, fell on the wrong person, making the wood and ash go on her. She's inhaled a lot of ash and dust which worried me, I wonder if that would effect the baby? That's if he didn't kill it first.

"I thought I got the girls...Not Sophie, I meant to get you!" Frank shouted at me and I frowned more holding Sophie closer to me. "FUCK!" He kicked a wall making the room fill with a creaky echo. I nodded at the girls who slowly made their way towards the door, we all knew this place wasn't the safest place, it wasn't stable. 

"Careful there, Frank" I whispered, distracting him. I saw the girls leave from the corner of my eye and had my full attention on Frank.

"I..Is she okay?" He whispered walking towards us but there was more echo's, more creaks. I walked back holding her to me more frowning.

"Don't move Frank" I growled, warning him. His head lifted up, looking around at the ceiling. Tears filled his eyes yet I felt nothing for him, no sympathy, no anger. My emotions were stuck on Sophie, she was my main priority.

"H..Help me Gee" He whispered, begging. We knew this place was going to collapse soon and unfortunately for him, he was on the wrong side of the house. The weakest place.

"Why should I? You probably killed my baby, maybe even my girlfriend. So Frank, tell me a good reason why i should save you?"

"Because I'm your friend!" He frowned wiping his eyes, he tried to stay strong yet he looked so weak. "I didn't mean to hurt her"

"But you meant to hurt me, you meant to kill me. Now it's reversed. Your life is in my hands, I could guide you safely out of here, let you live. Or I could tell you the wrong way to go and see you get crushed. Or I could always just walk away" I shrugged and Sophie turned in her unconscious state. "I have to get her to the hospital"

"No!" He took a step forward and some dust fell, "Please Gee, I'll help..I'll do anything just please don't leave me here" He whimpered as I watched some dust and ash fall onto his head. I've never seen him so weak, so vulnerable. He normally faked his way through the day, smiling at everyone. That was until Mikey became ill, his depression hit like a ton of rocks. It affected us all, I soon got depressed, turned to drinking poison to make myself go numb, then Frank saw me how I was, how me and Mikey was. He tried making us better, he tried helping but we just wanted to destroy ourselves, it was pleasurable. Ray tried to help as well, he stepped in when Frank fell apart. He tried to pick up the pieces and fit them back together but it never worked.

That's when these girls came. I don't know why but as soon as we saw them, we felt hope. We thought they could help us be happier, then they wanted to leave. The sickness in us, the evilness in us came out, we released it on them. In a sick way they did help, they made the anger fade from us but it hurt them. 

We got angrier when they escaped, well, three of them. We're part better though, taking medication now to keep us calm. Keep us a little sane.

I had two decisions, help Frank or let death greet him. He was my best friend, my band mate. The one who was always there for me when I was so weak. When no one else was there, he would pop up and make me better. He did try to kill me though, these girls have done something to him, to all of us. 

"Move to your right Frank, ever so slowly though" I whispered looking down. He put all of his trust into me, he had no choice really.

He started walking right, following my command. More ash and creaks filled the room and I took a deep breath.

"Goodbye, Frank" I whispered heading out of the door. I walked into the sunlight, letting the suns rays hit Sophie's grey cheek. I walked to the car and unlocked it, placing her into the passengers seat. There was no sign of Joey and Tessa, wasn't sure if that was good or bad. I heard a loud crash from inside the house, I peered through a window to see a pile of wood collapse, filling the room. I stared as more of the house fell apart, as more as the house collapsed. 

"Thank you, Gerard" Frank walked out from behind the house, keeping out of dangers way. I nodded a little and hopped in the car. It was me and Sophie now, I just had to get her to the hospital. I'll get her checked out, then when the doctor confirms her good health we can go back to how we planned, living a life together.