Worried

"What's wrong?" Gerard asked, driving away from the house slowly. I sighed and stared out of the window at the boring landscape. "Sophie?"

"You won't help" I shook my head sniffing, wiping my eyes to show that I was crying. Of course I wasn't I didn't have the energy in me to cry anymore. 

"Babe, you have to tell me what's wrong so I can help" He sighed and took my hand gently. I looked at him with puppy eyes sadly.

"I'm scared"

"Everything will be okay, they can't get you. I won't let them hurt you okay?" I shook my head and he frowned a little.

"I feel safe, I know we'll be okay but...Tessa and Joey" I whispered and his eyes widened a little. "We have to free them, Gee"

"No" He let go of my hand and drove a little faster shaking his head. I had to think of something, had to convince him to free my friends. I knew they'd die if I just left them, they'd torture them until they would die,  I couldn't just let that happen. I had to somehow help them and Gerard was an important part in this plan. He'd help me free my friends with a little bit of manipulating.

"Gerard, please!" I begged, "I'll worry about them, I'll worry too much, Gee" I rubbed my forehead and kept one arm over my stomach. "You know what they'll do if we don't free them"

"No, you know what they'll do if we free them" He growled.

"Frank will blackmail us, he'll use them and this baby to his advantage. I don't want him after your child, Gerard" Gerard raised an eyebrow and swallowed hard, he was listening...He was worrying. Frank would do that, or kill them. 

"I-I can't"

"Gerard, he'll either use them to get us back there or he'll kill them. Either way the child will die because I'm stressing too much" I teared up and he stopped the car, hugging me gently. "I don't want that Gee, please...I'm doing this for us"

"Okay...I know where they are" He whispered rubbing my back gently and I smirked secretly. He fell for it, this all seemed so easy really. I was wondering if he was out-smarting me and secretly playing along. I don't think so, he seemed like he really wanted this child, he seemed like he was worried for it and me. I either had him wrapped around my finger or it was the opposite way round.

"Let's go, quickly. Then we can go live our lives" He pulled away smiling at me, smiling at my enthusiasm but he doesn't know what's coming...Bars on the windows my dear friend.

He drove quickly, west from where we was. I wonder how they were? I was trying to prepare myself, brace myself for what I would see. What if they was covered in blood, what if they was already dead? I took a deep breath and watched Gerard's face, his facial expressions more like. First there was sorrow, then worry, then anger. I think he was bi polar by the way his moods kept changing all of a sudden, it was strange and scary.

"If they go to the police..."

"They won't" I held his hand gently and he sighed. "They'll see I'm happy with you and they'll leave us alone" I smiled, that was a huge lie. They'd call the police straight away, they'd probably think I'm insane because I'm with Gerard but as long as he gets put in prison I'm fine with what they think about me.

"I-I love you" He whispered and I felt my heart sink in my chest. "I haven't said it properly, I haven't meant it...Until now" He smiled a little, blushing. "I thought I'd tell you now, for making me happy and for doing this for me. Thank you" A tear fell down his cheek and I felt sympathy for him. Why? He destroyed my life along with his friends. It was probably just all an act, an act to make me not tell anyone about this...He looked like he meant it though.

"It's fine" I whispered letting go of his hand and sinking back into my chair. He loved me, he actually loved me. 

"I wished we didn't meet how we did, I'm better now though. I've been taking medication, we all have actually...I told them all that we needed to get better for you" He chuckled weakly and wiped his eyes. "I didn't want you hurt"

"Gerard...Let's not talk about this right now okay?" I smiled and he shook his head.

"I want you to know how I felt, I felt so shitty. Depressed. I know I can't turn time and change what I did. I cried every night because those images of me...doing 'that' to you came into my head. You was so scared...It broke my heart, it still does" He began sobbing quietly, I found myself in tears too. "I-I...I'm so sorry Sophie, I've changed now, I changed for you. I made your life hell and I made it hard to live so now I'm reversing it, I'm going to make you so happy...I'm going to do everything you want because I want you happy" My heart broke. It shattered in my chest. What if he has changed? I mean, I've seen changes in his personality...What if he is better? There was a voice saying that I should forgive him, you should always forgive people for what they've done. There was another voice saying that what he did to me was too bad, he shouldn't be let off. Why did he make me feel this? I seriously couldn't be in love with this man, right?