Chapter 13 POV Cam & Kayde

I stayed there in the field. It was on pack grounds but far from the pack house and cabins. My wolf and I just stayed there in the field looking at the stars. The whole pack was in sorrow, we spent an hour howling in pain but then it was quiet again.

'Cam come back to the house you can't stay out there it's not safe' Tessa mind linked me I blocked her out. It probably wasn't smart but I could handle my self.

"Why did he have to go so soon?" I asked my self. One star shined brighter and I smiled, the cold breeze didn't affect me any more, I felt as if Chris was still here, but then it went away, reminding me he wasn't. I turned on my stomach and fell asleep.

                                    POV kayde

"Tessa can you get Cam to come back He blocked me out..." I asked. Zen had taken my father, he would not touch my best friend, not again.

"He blocked me out..." Tessa whimpered. "He has blocked everyone out"

"Maybe its best we just let him be," Lea and Zach said together.

"I mean he did lose someone too" Lea muttered avoiding my glare.

"He can be left alone in his room where he is safe!" I snapped and started to pace.

"Wouldnt we know if he was in trouble?" Zach asked.

"Yes, I guess we would" Jay sighedI flopped in a chair running my hands down my face.

"Get some sleep, if he is in trouble we will help him," Tessa said, the rest nodded in agreement. I just smiled at them thankfully and closed my eyes. 

            POV Cam 

I huffed as someone nudged me.

"Come on Cam you were out here all night," Dad said

"Im good," I said lifting my head to meet his.

"Camron you have everyone worried you can't block us out like that...." He spoke frowning

"Im fine..." I smiled slightly.

"Camron, whats the truth," Dad asked sitting down.

"I found my mate" I frowned

"That's great though," Dad said beaming.

"He is ignoring the feelings... he is rejecting me, Dad..." I whimpered

"Oh..." He said

"Chris used to take me here whenever you and Kayde were off Hunting. He would teach me so many things here." I said smiling at the memory. 

"last night I felt like he was here making sure nothing happened." my smile got brighter. " He used to tell me how you and he were like brothers but both of you were too stubborn to admit you thought of each other that way. He told me story after story about you guys."

"Wow..." Dad said smiling slightly.

"But the last thing he told me here was to protect you and the rest of the pack, including Kayde. He was part of the pack... and I failed his wish I couldn't protect him, I couldn't even protect my self" I cried

"It is not your fault for Christ's death Camron. It was Zen's he chose to kill him." Dad said putting his pat on my back gently. "Did you know that Chris's mate asked me to the same thing Chris asked you to do?" He smiled at the memory.

"She did?"I asked surprised.

He nodded standing up. "She sure did"