chapter 3

Today is the day, my wedding day, I have a make up artist and hair stylist on me right now and all my bridesmaids Lisa, Maria, Olivia, Cara, Stephanie, Lydia and Chrissy are all ready including Sophia my maid of honor. I'm so happy today even though this is an arranged marriage, I'm glad it's a kind person like Fransisco King. I slipped into my wedding dress

I am totally in love with it and so are all my bridesmaids

I am totally in love with it and so are all my bridesmaids. I got two dresses of course because I can't stay in this heavy dress all day long. Now we're all just waiting for Fransis to arrive, I hope he does because it would be embarrassing if he didn't.

"Sweetie, good Lord you look beautiful" my mom practically shouted as she ran to hug me and I returned the hug. "My beautiful daughter" my dad said smiling "I hope he takes good care of you even if it is arranged and don't forget the children part darling" he said and I blushed, really Mari? What's up with you?

He finally arrived, late, I was mad for a little bit until I caught a glimpse of him and I smiled relaxing. I was now walking on the white carpet towards the aisle with my dad by my side walking with me. The whole place looked magical.

I saw Fransis and he looked breathtakingly handsome(picture up top)my dad handed me over to Fransis and he took my hand, holding it, expecting him to let go after a short while but he didn't

I saw Fransis and he looked breathtakingly handsome(picture up top)my dad handed me over to Fransis and he took my hand, holding it, expecting him to let go after a short while but he didn't. The pastor started and told us to say our vows "Lamari Queen Riviera, I take you to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my faith and pledge myself to you." He said smiling, for a second I felt like he actually means all of it. "Fransisco Charles King, I take you to be my lawfully wedded husband...." I said smiling happily, we place the rings on each other's fingers and then the pastor said "you may now kiss the bride"

I froze because we've never kissed before and before I knew it, his lips were on mine and I responded quickly, we stopped and turned to everyone smiling and holding hands while walking up the aisle and I left to change into a comfortable dress.

"Now welcome Mr. and Mrs. King" the announcer said as we walked into the reception smiling.

Fransisco POV

This is an arranged marriage but why do I feel so happy? Mari looks beautiful and she looks as happy as I am. I think I'm starting to like this girl as more than the friend she is to me, every time I look at her my heart speeds up and I feel....happy. I can't believe how I feel rn.

"Want to take our first dance now?" I asked her "yes" she said so fast smiling, damn that smile kills me. I took her hand and led her to the dance floor, I put her arms around my neck and mine on her waist. "You look beautiful Mari" I whispered close to her ear making sure she heard me. She blushed and said "t-thank you". I like her and I can't deny that now I just need to make her like me, I just don't know how.

We danced for a couple of songs with others joining us on the dance floor. We sat down to listen to our parents and best friends speeches,  Mari cried when her parents were speaking and I fought the urge to wipe away her tears. We went around the tables greeting people we knew and introducing each other to people one knew but the other didn't. Finally the night for us ended and we headed to the airport but not before changing to comfortable clothes.

When Mari walked out of her room with no makeup on her face, I almost gasped because she looked so wonderful. We boarded the private jet and flew to Hawaii, we actually live in LA. I let her sleep in the small room at the back while I slept on the long sofa.

Mari POV

I woke up in someone's arm, this person smells so good. I looked up and saw Fransis and I froze just staring at him, I noticed a scar under his chin, I wonder how he got that. "You can stop staring now, Mari" he said and I blushed "you can put me down now, Fransis" I said, copying his own words just in a different way, "no, not yet, sweetheart" he said and my heart skipped a beat when he said the last part softly "o-okay" I stuttered. I continued to stare at him, taking in all his features and I fell asleep again on him as we were driving to his beach house. I woke up in his arms again but this time on a bed, I turned to look at him and was mentally arguing with myself about whether I should get out or not because truth be told this felt good.

Before I could make a decision his eyes shot open and he smiled "Good morning Mari" he said "g-good morning Fransis" I replied. We just laid there staring at each other, me in a daze and him just smiling until I looked down and he  put his hand on my chin lifting my face. "I should get up and take a bath" I said. "Okay, go ahead" he said letting me go.

I ran to the bathroom and freshened up. I walked out in a towel, I've always been confident in my body so I didn't mind if he saw me like this but when he looked at me I suddenly felt insecure. He started breathing slowly but heavily and he stood up and fast walked to the bathroom without saying anything. I got dressed in a simple olive green two piece.

He walked out of the bathroom without a t-shirt but a towel around his waist and I couldn't look away

He walked out of the bathroom without a t-shirt but a towel around his waist and I couldn't look away."my eyes are up here, sweet heart" he said and I looked down embarrassed and I ran away but he pulled me back and my back landed on his chest "you look stunning, sweetheart" he said "don't fall for me Mr. King, I can't give you the love you want" I said pulling my wrist out of his grip, walking out of the room.

I made him breakfast and I left the house using one of his cars to go buy groceries because the fridge and cabinets were almost empty but i left him a note. I walked into the grocery store, bought everything I needed and by the end, the cart was overflowing, this always happened when I went grocery shopping with....I refused to think about him, if I did I would start crying in the store.

I drove home and when I got there I took all the stuff out of the car by myself. One of the cars was gone so I figured he went out. I packed everything and cleaned up the house a little bit, well a lot actually. "You took my air out of your lungs, so you could breathe with another one oh tell me why her not me-" my phone rang but the moment I looked at it, I slid onto the ground crying my heart out. The alarm said 'Johns birthday on Monday'.

Fransisco POV

I got home and heard someone crying so I ran to the source and found Mari on the floor with her phone cracked next to her. I ran to her and held her in my arms as she cried. "John!" She screamed "John why? Quinton!" She cried even more when she said that name, Quinton. I wonder who they are, I'll ask her later. I picked her up and placed her on the bed. I slid in and held her as she cried and eventually she fell asleep.

She woke up two hours later, I didn't sleep at all. "Fransis" she said "Mari, are you okay?" I asked but she didn't answer, she just got up and left me there baffled. I followed her slowly as she walked on the beach and sat down. I figured she wanted to be alone so I sat far away but not too far and watched her cry, that hurt me.