chapter 2

The week went by pretty fast which annoyed me because today is now Saturday and I have to meet that arranged marriage guy. I wasn't interested in marriage but I'll do it for my dad anyway. As long as we have a good friendship and have at least four kids, I'm good. No love or whatever, I will never love anyone like I loved.....I shook away those thoughts and focused on getting ready. I put on a white dress and paired it with my white stilettos

I got into my car and drove to Sunny side again but this time to meet my future husband and the moment I saw him, my jaw dropped to the ground because well

I got into my car and drove to Sunny side again but this time to meet my future husband and the moment I saw him, my jaw dropped to the ground because well...the dude is gorgeous

"Are you Francisco?" I asked "yes, I am, Lamari?" He asked in deep and nice voice "Lamari" I said sitting down

"Are you Francisco?" I asked "yes, I am, Lamari?" He asked in deep and nice voice "Lamari" I said sitting down. He watched me carefully as I sat down, eyes going dark slowly and I noticed he has grey eyes. "So I'm not interested in this marriage neither am I interested in getting to know you, we just have to put on a show, I don't do love so don't fall in love with me" he said with a serious voice and I just smiled "say something woman" he said "well, I won't fall in love with you and I'm not interested in this marriage but I will get to know you because I want a friendship here, no hostility." I said

"I'll think about it" he said "think fast, my dad wants grandchildren to-" "woah, I'm not giving you any kids, we're not in a real marriage, sweetheart" he said and for some reason that sweetheart made my heart feel weird. "I don't want that part either but it has to look real, got it? So kids are a part of this agreement" I said standing up ready to leave "fine but not immediately" he said "okay, I'm leaving" I said but as I was turning he grabbed my wrist and said "you can get to know me next time we meet" he said letting go and walking out leaving the skin where he touched me tingling.
-----------------
Two months later

"Sophia! I need your help!" I shouted and she came running, me and her have been friends since kindergarten and I'm shocked we're still best friends "I'm here, what do you need help with?" She asked "which color for these table cloths? Peach or red? Keep in mind the theme color is red" I said remembering that Fransisco said his favourite color is red, we meet up every Saturday and Wednesday to get to know more about each other as friends "peach darling" she answered "because that's your favourite color sweetie" she finalized. "Well, you're right, thankyou baby" I said kissing her cheeks.

"Sophia, we're late, let's go" I said exasperated, "okay, okay I'm coming!" we drove off to my final dress fitting. This may be an arranged marriage but I still wanted it to be special. I tried on a bunch of dresses until I finally settled with a ruffle princess dress with a light touch of peach.

We headed back home and I called Fransisco to tell him I found my dress and that I decided to use white and peach instead of red, white and peach because it didn't fit and he said it's okay so....wonderful. I went to sleep exhausted.
---------------
Two days, two freaking days left, oh my goodness. I'm so nervous. Today is Wednesday so I have to meet Francisco. I decided to wear a simple white crop top and pencil skirt. Sure to blow his mind.

"Hi Fransisco" I greeted sitting down "call me Fransis from now on Lamari" he said finally looking up from his phone and he almost dropped it when he saw what I was wearing, granted he only saw my top

"Hi Fransisco" I greeted sitting down "call me Fransis from now on Lamari" he said finally looking up from his phone and he almost dropped it when he saw what I was wearing, granted he only saw my top. "Fransis, call me Mari" I replied smiling genuinely. We ordered and ate in a comfortable silence "you know, I thought you would be those cold hearted type of guys, at least that's how they portray them in novels" I said and he laughed, he actually laughed, it sounded so good....good? Lamari get yourself together.

"Well, even though I'm not glad about this marriage, I was taught to be kind" he said smiling. What a beautiful smile...dammit Mari I mentally slapped myself. "That's great" I said.

We split the bill and went our separate ways. I got home and remembered I forgot to talk to him about our future house. I called and he answered immediately "Mari" he said. I love the way my name sounds when he says it "Fransis, I forgot to ask you which house we're going to live in" I said "neither of ours, we'll buy one during the honeymoon" he said "honeymoon?" I asked shocked "yes, my parents planned that, I don't find it necessary but we have no choice" he said "okay, I understand, see you on Friday then" I said "goodnight Mari" he said "goodnight Fransis"