Chapter 1

There goes the sound of my heels as I run as fast as I can to the underground parking lot to get to my car, tears streaming down my face as I enter my range rover sport and drive straight to the hospital.

"Where is he? Mom! Where is John? Is he okay?" I questioned my mother crying on the floor with dad holding her and right then the doctor came out "Are you the Riviera family?" He asked "Y-yes, that's Mr. and Mrs. Riviera and I'm his sister, is my brother okay?" I said...he fell silent for a moment as if comprehending whether he should tell me or not and finally he spoke "your brother...uhmm, he didn't make it, he's condition was too severe, I'm so sorry for your loss"

"John!" I screamed "No! You're not dead! You're lying doctor!" I cried "I'm so sorry ma'am but he's gone"...."Lamari, Lamari! Wake up!" Sophia shouted shaking me awake and I shot up breathing heavily "my brother-" "I know sweetie, I know" she said holding me as I cried.

It was just a dream but a memory too, it has been 2 years since my world died because of some reckless drunk driver. When I stopped crying Sophia my best friend left me to get ready for work. I loved my job, I am a CFO at a company called Star that just deals with music and I love music. My dad owns it. I took a bath and got dressed in a black dress, army green jacket and red boots

 I took a bath and got dressed in a black dress, army green jacket and red boots

----------------

I walked into the tall building with my head held high even though my heart was broken. Heads turn to stare as they always do, a lot of people here don't really like me, I don't know why honestly because I've never done anything to them. I walked out of the elevator to my office but not before Alicia, my personal assistant told me I had a meeting to attend to in an hour. "Damn Alicia! One hour! How am I supposed to work that out?" I asked "don't worry Mari, you're just meeting with your parents at Sunny side hotel restaurant. The didn't say why though"

I think I know why, ever since my brother died, dad has been drilling me about getting me married to some rich guy to make his company even more rich, we were already a billionaire company but my dad wants more. He's not greedy per say, he just wants his business to last forever. "Thankyou Alicia" I said giving her a warm smile before heading out again

"-bought matching diamonds for six of my b****es, rather spoil all of my friends with my riches-" I sang dancing in the car not caring about the people staring at me. I parked my car and gave the key to the valet walking into sunny side. "Mom! Dad! How are you?" I said hugging my mom and then my dad tightly "we're good sweetheart, we missed you" she said and the conversation continued for about an hour "sweetie, we found a suitable future husband for you, we arranged for you to meet next week Saturday" my dad said.

"Dad, I don't need to get married, I'm just fine alone-" I said "No, you're getting married, you're going to inherit my business and I need grandchildren to take it after you" he said and I didn't object any longer because I knew I couldn't get out of this one.

After a few more minutes we said our goodbyes and I headed back to work with dad to attend back to back meetings with him.
------------------
Home at last I sighed "Sophia! I'm home!" I shouted but got no answer back, I guess she went out with her boyfriend. I decided to go to a club to dance off all my stress. I quickly changed into a peach jumpsuit and grey heels

I got into my car and drove to the best club in town and luckily I didn't have to wait in line because I'm a VIP

I got into my car and drove to the best club in town and luckily I didn't have to wait in line because I'm a VIP. I walked to the bar and ordered five rounds of shots and downed them quickly and then I ordered a glass of wine which I also finished fast. I'm a lightweight so I was now deadbeat drunk. "Hello there pretty lady, wanna dance?" I looked up at the strange but handsome man and said "yeah, sure"

He grabbed my hand and walked me to the dance floor where we danced for about an hour "hey, I'm gonna go now" I slurred and he led me outside and called me a taxi, how nice of him, I thought. I got home and threw myself on the bed and called my driver and told him to pick me up for work the next day and then darkness surrounded me as I fell asleep.