Chapter Twelve ~Tears

When Josie was thirty minutes late Harry starts to get worried, it isn't like her to be late and not let him know that she is okay. He calls her once... twice, but there's no answer, he texts her but no answer.

After one hour he starts fold the blankets and let the air out of the airbed, Josie isn't coming and she didn't even text him. Harry knows she probably has a good reason for it but is he that important to her?

When the living room is tidy again, Harry tries to call her one more time but it goes straight to voicemail. What if she had an accident? What if she is hurt? Maybe I should go by her house? Are some of the thoughts Harry has.

He takes a shower to try to stop worrying but it's useless. Maybe I should just go to her house and see if she is okay, he thinks but he knows he can't because the kids are home so he goes watch TV in bed.

Two hours and forty five minutes later Harry gets a text.

The short message confuses Harry more, Josie didn't add her usual kisses, her explanation is short, it's not like Josie at all

Harry calls her again but she doesn't pick up but when he texts her, she does answer

When this text arrives it feels like Josie throws a bucket of cold water over Harry and then rips his heart out of his chest and crushes it with her bare hands

When this text arrives it feels like Josie throws a bucket of cold water over Harry and then rips his heart out of his chest and crushes it with her bare hands. Why? What happened? Did he do something wrong? He can't let this happen, he can't lose her! Harry starts to panic.

After Lou calms down, Josie tries to talk to her again but it is useless, every time she brings up the topic of Harry, Lou starts to cry again. What happened tonight, the way her daughter behaved lately, it has been enough, peace needs to return in the little girl's life and Josie does what she wanted to avoid.

She knows she is a coward, she knows Harry deserves a better explanation but she can't face him or hear his voice. She tells herself it is better this way, it is better if Harry hates her.

When Lou calms down she falls asleep in Josie's arms, exhausted from her outburst. Josie feels completely drained. She doesn't want to let Harry go, when she met him for the first time she never thought he would become this important to her. She never thought she would find love again, but she did. She didn't say it to Harry and that's probably a good thing but she loves him and wants him to be happy. Unfortunately they can't be happy together and she has to do break up with him in a horrible way but it's better if he hates her.