Chapter One ~ Pink Roses

Walking home from a night at the bar with his mates Harry feels empty. Thinking about it, he feels like this a lot lately. Every day is the same, he gets up in the morning, gets himself dressed and washed, goes to work, then at 5 PM he comes home and makes dinner, takes a shower and before he goes to bed he watches some TV or plays on his guitar, once a week goes to the bar with his mates, only to repeat the same routine the next morning. Everything is always the same and he is tired of it.

Walking past the hospital makes Harry think about his job,he loves his work, like his father he is a physical therapist at the hospital.
When he was young he wanted to go college to become a music producer but his parents wanted him to study to get a "real job" so he became a physical therapist. Harry always gives his full attention to his patients but lately he doesn't feel the spark, the joy of helping people any more.

It has always been Harry's dream to do something with music, he loves to sing and play the guitar or piano. When he is at home he sits down and tries to make a song. He has written so many songs and he thinks they aren't bad but he does nothing with them and it makes him a little sad, he feels he can do more with his passion.

Harry opens the door of his two bedroom apartment, it feels a little chilly in here but he doesn't bother to put the heating on, it's just him anyway.
If he is honest with himself he feels alone, this is his place but it doesn't feel like home any more. Harry is always surrounded by people but there is nobody who really understands him, there is no deeper connection. He has had his fair share of woman but they are mostly short romances. His longest relationship went on for three years, till she announced she didn't love him any more and left him. He was devastated when it happened but now he is over it, he has to admit he knew she wasn't the one for him.

Harry walks straight to his bedroom, switching on the lights of he looks around, white walls, a California king sized bed with two light brown night stands on each side. Maybe he should paint the walls, make it a bit more cosy and make it feel more like home. After stripping off his clothes and leaving them in a pile on the floor Harry jumps in bed. His fresh black sheets feel so soft against his skin, he loves that feeling.

Harry's mind goes to her, his flower girl, he thinks Josie is her name but he isn't sure. He overheard a phone conversation once and he thinks she said her name is Josie when she introduced herself. The first time Harry saw her was in her flower shop. She is gorgeous, she is a tall, slender woman with long dark brown hair, big almond shaped brown eyes and plush and red lips but it wasn't only how she looked that drew Harry to her. Just by the couple of brief conversations he had with her, he could tell she is a social, sweet, funny woman with a sparkling personality. She is always kind and friendly, he heard from a few people in town how she helps many charity organisations. The first time Harry saw her was when he bought flowers for his mum, six months ago. So many times he has wanted to ask Josie out but he always chickens out. They were just a couple of days into the new year and Harry's new years resolutions was to ask Josie out on a date but he already is doubting if he will have the balls to do it.

Josie is running through the house like a madwoman, like in so many households the morning rush can be very hectic.
Josie is very organised and makes sure everything is ready, breakfast table, clothes, bookbags, lunch... It's all ready to go the evening before so everything goes smoothly in the morning. This morning however, Josie snoozed a little too long which means that they all have to run now.

"Come on kids, breakfast time. I made oatmeal with bananas." Josie calls. Alex and Lou come running into the kitchen, pushing and teasing each other.
"I know that look on your adorable faces, are you guys teasing each other again?" Both kids shake their little heads but mischief is written all over them.

"We don't have time to argue this morning and we all know that's where teasing ends every time so Miss Loulou come sit next to me on this side and mister Alex, you sit on my other side at the corner of the table." both kids know their mum is right so they do what their mother tells them.