Chapter Four ~ Red And Yellow Roses

Harry doesn't know what to do with himself, after Joey talked to him about dating a woman with kids he got scared. He has had enough heartbreak in the past, he doesn't want to begin something which is doomed from the start. But if it is doomed why can't he stop thinking about Josie? Why does he get excited when he thinks about meeting her children? Why does his heart hurt so bad when he thinks about never seeing Josie again?
He knows whatever he decides, he should tell Josie. That's the leasts she deserves after all those visits to her shop these last couple of months.

Monday morning arrives fast, Harry decides he is going to go into work late and goes to the flower shop first. When he arrives at 9 am, Katherine is just opening the door.
"Good Morning, Harry" she greets him while she walks away from the door to set out the last couple of buckets with fresh flowers.
"Good Morning Katherine, how are you?" he replies following her into the store.
"I'm good, thank you. How are you?" she replies with a smile.
"I'm okay, thanks. Erm... Is...Is Josie around?" Harry hesitates for a moment.
"No but she will be in an hour." Katherine looks at Harry for a moment, she frowns, like she is wondering whether or not to say something.
"Harry, I know it's not my place to tell you but Josie is really worried about you. You didn't come for two days, she thinks she did something wrong." Harry looks at his feet, guilty washing over him.
"My sister and I went out for dinner Thursday and we both got food poisoning, I really was too sick to come." Katherine nods her head understandingly.
"Yes I get that... I'm glad to see you are better now and for what it's worth, you should give each other your phone numbers." Katherine says with a wink before she takes a couple of empty buckets and walks to the back of the store. Harry pinches his lip while he takes a moment to think before he chooses a big bouquet with red and yellow roses.

He asks Katherine for a piece of paper and starts to write a note.
When he is done writing he pays for the flowers and asks Katherine to give the flowers and the note to Josie when she comes in. With a big smile Katherine says she will and she thinks Josie will arrive within the hour. Harry can't contain the smile on his face when he walks out the shop feeling hopeful.

Katherine is so content and happy after Harry leaves the flowers for her boss with her to deliver, she almost can't get any work done. She is constantly walking to the front window to look if Josie is in sight.

After an hour she is helping a customer to leave the shop when she sees Josie crossing the street and squeals in delight.
"What's going on with you? You are never this happy to see me." Josie notices with a big smile when she steps into the shop. Katherine giggles and follows her boss to the back of the store.
"Harry was here." she says hopping up and down on her feet.
"Is that so?" Josie tries to keep her cool but inwardly she is yelling at herself for going to the bank first instead of the shop.
"Yes and he left you this and this!" Katherine hands Josie the flowers with a smile. Josie puts her nose into the flowers smelling their sweet aromas and her heart swells.
"Go sit at your desk and read the letter." Katherine ushers Josie to her office where she sits down after placing the flowers in a vase on her desk. She unfolds the letter and start to read.

 She unfolds the letter and start to read

A single tear rolled down on Josie's cheek after she was done reading and she put the letter close to her heart

A single tear rolled down on Josie's cheek after she was done reading and she put the letter close to her heart. She never got a love letter like this and she was sure no letter would ever top this one.
Josie took her phone and started to type out a message

Almost immediately after the message was sent Josie's phone started to ring, Harry's number appeared on the illuminated screen

"Oh God" she said nervously, her hands suddenly clammy, her heart pounding hard in her chest. It took her a couple of seconds to get it together and to tell herself to not be a baby and just pick up the phone.

"Hello, Josie here." she said nervously.
"Hi Josie, this is Harry. How are you?" Harry asked. He felt nervous too but also excited for seeing Josie again.
"I'm good, thank you! How are you? And your sister? I heard and read you both got a bad case of food poisoning." Josie was relaxed again now, only hearing Harry's voice was enough to calm her nerves.
"I'm okay, thanks. My sister and I both have been really sick but we're both better now." Harry tried not to go into detail. This wasn't exactly a nice topic.
"About lunch, is it okay if I come to the shop at noon to pick you up?" Josie heard in Harry's voice he was smiling and smiled too.
"Noon is perfect." Josie didn't bother to ask Katherine when she wanted to take her lunch, she knew her employee would be flexible about this. Especially because Josie would be out on a date with Harry. This was a date, right?
"Okay, perfect! I'm looking forward to it. I see you soon." Harry said.
"Me too. Bye Harry" Josie ended the call with a big smile on her face and butterflies in her stomach.

Harry put his phone away in his pocket while he walked to the office of his department manager. Ten minutes later he comes out with the permission to take a long lunch if he will catch up on the hours tonight. He can't wait till lunchtime, every five minutes he looks at his watch but the time goes tortuously slowly. He goes to see patient after patient, giving them exercises or a manual treatment. And when it finally is time to go is rushes to his locker gets dressed and as fast as possible he heads to the flower shop.

Josie runs into the shop, luckily it's a slow day and Katherine is alone in the shop, making a bouquet.
"Kat, I'm going to lunch with Harry at noon. That's in less than two hours. How do I look? Can I wear this or do I need to go home to change? What about my hair?" Josie rambles to her friend who is laughing.
"Stop talking woman!" Katherine tries to shut her friend up. Josie stops and looks shocked at her employee.

"First of all, Harry met you wearing the same type of clothes that you are wearing now and he obviously likes you." Katharine's eyes run over Josie, inspecting the dark blue skinny jeans, high heeled black boots and the purple long sleeved shirt that showed off her cleavage perfectly.
"Second of all, you look perfect for a casual lunch. Just put your black blazer on, maybe touch up your make-up, brush your hair and make a new ponytail." Katherine smiled at her friends face, she looked like she would faint soon.
"I know your last date was ages ago but don't see it as a date but just lunch with a friend." Josie nods before she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.
"I can do this." Josie says out loud before she goes back to her office to get ready.

A.N.: If you can't read the writing of the letter, the next chapter will be a typed version.
Thank you so much for reading!
All the love,
K.x