Chapter Twelve: Mocking Man's Best Friend

AN

So, this book is winding down to an end very soon- I'll give it three to ten more chapters. But, ALAS, a sequel is in the works to further our journey of Schuyler and Lennox, called Teeth. And a prequel/short story of life before Schuyler is going to be released as Sheep.

A lot of you guys thought her reaction wasn't realistic, I thought it was; I mean, like that personally would've been my reaction. But I shall not disagree or begin a fight, as a reader and as a writer are two very different point of views.

and yes. Lennox has ginger down-there hair because i might have a kink for the fact that Jensen Ackles has ginger pubic hair- i mean judging by his beard. don't you judge me. damn you.

fuck. i think i'm doing a spin-off for a lot of characters in a separate book- featuring like all of my gay characters and other back stories. INTRODUCING MY NEW BOY TOY: Kitt, this chapter. He's coming out in a new book as an Omega >:) #LGBT

please listen to Dog Teeth by Nicole Dollanganger. You can thank me later.

There are hands on the firm planes of Lennox's abdomen, fingers crawling up to his chest as if they were flames licking up his ivory-shadowed arms, the moon casting dark figures onto his pale, freckled skins. Shocks of white flicks layer above and beneath those freckles, whispering secrets Schuyler may never know because she doesn't know how to listen for them.

There is breath, slow rises and beats of both of their hearts drum at the same steady pace. It's quiet in the forest, the shocked timbre of woods having silenced itself since the predator of the forest landed on his prey. Like the hymns of the forest were waiting for him to make the kill, to place his teeth deep into her throat and rip into the soft skin of hers.

"Cheesecake," she whispered, fingertips fleeting over the marred landscape of his flesh. She wanted to press her mouth to the rough, feathery ginger hair that traveled down his torso, marking up his body with thick curls.

She didn't dare look beneath the brier of hair and cluster of scars that traveled all the way down. He was naked, of course he was naked, you can't shift from a wolf back into a fully-clothed man.

"What, Schuy?" He said back, his breath has been hitched since the moment she began to let her fingers roam across his bare-skin. His body was alive with goose-bumps, his viridescent irises blown as he watched her hands move back and forth, up and down, barely-skimming and just-about-touching over his torso. Lennox could feel her hands deep into the crevice where his shoulders would dip, he felt Schuyler's touch across his collarbone, hardly skimming the bone until she stopped at a cluster of freckles.

"Cheesecake," she repeated, and she looked up to him with a small grin. "It's a stupid system my dad made up, scream cheesecake if you're alright and danish if you're in-" Schuyler never had the opportunity to finish her thought, the sentence being pushed back down into her throat.

"Holy shit! Spencer, Spencer- DANISH. DANISH, Spencer!" The echoing of Tessa came from behind Schuyler. A flashlight beamed into Lennox's face as the pair turned to stare at a shocked Tess who was yielding a bat.

"Tess- Tess shut up!" Whatever moment they could've had was clearly gone, no more trailing Lennox's skin, no kissing the bottom of his jaw or inhaling his hypnotizing scent.

"Oh my- get off of her! Get off of her, Lennox!" Tess screamed, taking a step closer to them with leaves crunching beneath her feet. The bat was ready to smash into Lennox's temple if needed, and her onesie was stuck with cockle-burrs and tiny shreds of polyester. Her usually tamed mane of hair was sticking in every direction, leaves threaded through.