Chapter Seven: To All of Those Who've Wronged Me

Author's note;

quick update since I couldn't stop myself from writing it. I'm beginning to just love this story.

I'm sorry I can't keep girly love out of my books, it's just so beautiful.

Movie poster on the side by the awesome @adorkable

When rain comes to town, it makes sure to not just cover the entire county- but half of the state. There's a smell that comes from the skies opening that makes Lennox wrinkle his nose- it is not good, there isn't a reason for him to go outside in the muck of mud.

For the few times that Lennox actually enjoys staying inside, rainy days are the ones he chooses to stay in most. Like most teenage girls- though he is not in any way a teenager or a girl- he likes to hear the pitter patter of the rain on the roof and re-read the third book in his favorite series.

But in no way does Lennox enjoy being beneath that cold pitter and patter of rain.

He's watched too many movies where idiotic humans- no offense- run out into the middle of the rain, where note, there is very real and very dangerous lightning, to just kiss the flavor of the week while the heaven's show no mercy to them. He figures if Schuyler ever wanted to- and he means really, really wanted to- he'd run out in the rain to kiss her, but not before suggesting it'd be warmer inside. If it came to a last resort, he guesses he'd beg for her to let him run to get rain ponchos- perfect Alpha attire- and kiss her while holding his breath because while he'd like to die with Schuyler's lips on his, he doesn't literally want to die anytime soon.

So, while standing in the middle of rain, in the middle of nowhere waiting for another Alpha who might not even show up while growling at Giles to share the umbrella, he wonders about that scenario.

Does she even like the rain? Would she push him out into the rain while he tried to derail the journey by clinging onto his door's frame? Would she laugh if he put his feet down in the rug that sat in the kitchen and beg not to make him go out?

"This is boring," Giles says from beside Lennox, bringing out the boring as long as he can before he takes a deep sigh and begins poking Lennox's cheek.

"Stop it," he growls out with a tired tone just as Giles prods deep enough for his cheek to rub on his teeth.

"You've kind of got a fluffy face, Alpha."

"It won't be fluffy when you end up only having nine fingers, Giles," Lennox pseudo-threatens his friend, already growing impatient because ten minutes ago Giles had asked him if he wanted to play 'Truth or Dare' which ended up with a bleeding Giles which escalated to a shouting Giles, and then a shouting Alpha.

It was the worst day to inspect the body of the Beta, but Lennox couldn't rest until he knew if he was the one that laid him to rest in a not-so-peaceful way. And going through Giles childish behavior was something he would have patience with s'long as he got to confirm the yes or the no. Jezebel had been kept from going because of her husband's doctor's appointment, the man had been in and out of the hospitable even since they discovered he had a tumor eating away in his brain.

"We should go back; she probably doesn't have the balls to show up," Giles says to the other man, staring at the trees in the horizon.

They had to embark on a two mile man-made trail after they parked Lennox's truck on the side of a back road, and when they learned that the pass they usually used as a short-cut was flooded with rain water- it had gone from two miles to backtracking every single step, driving another twenty minutes to trek out the long way around...a six and a half of wild and uncut forest that would've been enjoyable if Lennox didn't hate the rain.