Chapter Eight: They'll Hear You Scream Baby

A/N
edited
Sorry if this is confusing. More info next chapter on the killller.

Song on the side sums up that well, from here on out there is mad shit gon' happen.Sorry for mistakes there is probably a lot in there.

Lennox is- was a man of blind trust.

When he had crawled up onto Quin's porch years ago, he had put all of his fears, all of his doubts, all of his everything into the woman. He used to place his faith into anyone who was willing to take it. That was the way he was taught as a pup.

You either trust your pack or you aren't part of the pack.

You either give them everything you have and pray to God that they won't bite too hard on your jugular, or they'll smell the pheromone of disloyalty and show you exactly what you have to fear.

And what he has to fear is exactly what has been given to him.

The Beta was not murdered by him.

But Lennox still killed someone.

The blood that had seeped into his fur, the flesh that had been caught in-between his teeth, the soul that he had consumed was not the Beta.

Lennox had fears- like every living thing, just some were more instinctive, and some were more built-in.

He had nightmares of Schuyler clawing at her neck gasping at the air for breath; he's screamed himself awake from a night of torment after watching Giles being drowned in a bathtub. He's stared into his mirrored ceiling after a nightmare of Quin's death, dying with a gun to her temple.

And sometimes he dreams about him, pubescent limbs stretching into long tan arms and wrapping around the back of his neck; swinging around Lennox with a grin that didn't hardly surface enough.

He is an Alpha, but he is not fearless.

But it is as if all of his nightmares, all of his fears- all of his horrors have been turned into one hell.

Seely is a man that Lennox never thought he'd see again.

Boy, was he wrong.

*

The low hum of the engine is the only thing that keeps the two men in the truck awake. Lennox is white-knuckling the stirring wheel, eyes caught on the passing road as Giles turns up the Nico Vega song to a loud 6.

There are a thousand thoughts going through the two men- but Giles keeps his mouth shut, eyes passing back and forth from the illuminated radio and back to the Alpha who hasn't spoke a word for forty miles.

"Len-"

His voice is cut off by Lennox turning up the radio.

"C'mon Alpha, don't-"

As if Lennox had read his mind- which at this point, Giles is wondering if that's possible- he turns up the song to a blaring volume that makes the radio squeak in the worst way.

"God- fuck- no. No," Giles screams in surprise; batting Lennox's hands away as he tries to keep the noise to background music. Their ears are sensitive enough.

"Lennox, we need to talk," Giles finally says what he has wanted to for the past hour.

The only answer is the brief shake of his head from Lennox, the Alpha remaining resilient in the fight to stay quiet.

"That man- that name you said..." Giles was treading in dangerous waters, if he made a wrong step he'd drown in a drop-off of Lennox's words.

There was a flash of champagne gold- the kind of color that makes Giles unsettled when he sees it in Lennox's eyes. Most werewolves have a deep yellow, one that rolls over into flaxen and promises anything from death to life. But Lennox's...he was raised as a wolf, born to let the fear rip over his enemies, and by God- if it didn't scare Giles shitless seeing the almost limpid gold flicker over his bottle-green eyes.