(33) Mated to the alpha of rogues

Chapter 33 (EDITED)

Mated to the alpha of rogues

"it's weird, I've never seen Andrés this close to someone," is the first thing Iris says to me

"what do you mean?" I ask her stepping over a sleeping rabbit family, I don't know why they were this close to the cave especially since the alphas were about to shift.

"Over the years, Andrés has had many-" she clears her throat 'companion' but I've never seen him this interested in a person before"

"I am not a companion" I scoff " I am his mate"

Iris chuckles " is someone jealous?"

I cross my arms, why would I be jealous?

Just because Andrés had many companions over the years? pfffftt! nooo!

but I wonder how much is too many companions? I mean Andrés has been alive for a while now so how many people did he have as a companion? not that I care.

"I'm going to be honest with you," Iris says interrupting my thoughts

"when I left before, it wasn't because I'm some sort of renegade- I mean I am a renegade but in that situation, I would've never have left"

I raise my brow, I don't get it? is she going to apologise  for leaving even though she said she would stay as long as I want her too?

Iris takes a deep breath " after what happened at the diner with those alphas I decided to investigate alpha Heath"

my eyes widen "you did what?!"

" he's still looking for you, he will not stop until he finds you." she  continues.

Eventually he would have to stop because there's no way he'll ever figure out about the nightwalker pack. By the look on iris face though, I knew there was more to the story.

" what is it?" I ask her

" when I found Ibenez I compelled him and asked a few questions and apparently Heath has taken over the way-heaven pack and he knew that someone helped you escape-"

"my mom" I cut iris off and my stomach feels like I got food poisoning. what if he hurt my mom?

"Ibenez took the fall for it, he got locked up but the Luna set him free" Iris continues,

i sigh, what was my dad doing when all this was happening? he is the alpha after all! why would an alpha let another alpha come into his pack and start chaos?

"Amma, Heath is going to find you" iris whispers

her words sent a shiver through me, "what?! 

"I can feel it" she adds

"is it a witch feeling or do you just have a feeling that he might?" I ask her trying to figure whether I need to run and hide or have a breakdown.

" the first one" she answers,

Iris looks up at the dark sky, I follow her motion to see the silver moon shining down on us. "the blood moon is near"

**

we make it back to the castle in silence, I follow iris to the kitchen where Cameron was preparing what looked like breakfast.

"how did it go? is he going to stay?" the alpha asks handing me a cup of coffee,

I take it from him because I need it to stay awake, I can't sleep until i see Ibenez and talk to him. I know Cameron knows where he is so i need to be nice to the alpha.