Eleven

A week had passed, and I'd planned to meet up with Alfie, as Alexander was busy preparing for an interview for the new cook. He was still a little apprehensive about the idea.

"You're certain you'll be alright?"

"Yes, I'll be totally fine!" I chuckled.

"Have you got your keys?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure ?"

"Yes!" I laughed. He sighed.

"Alright, then." He kissed my forehead.

I left, walking down the road. It was a little warmer today, so i didn't need a coat. The breeze blowed, refreshing me. I walked down to the pub, and Alfie embraced me in a tight hug.

"Well done, man!"

"What?" I blurted, confused as a deer in the headlights.

"Miranda told me you and Alexander had started something." We sat down at a table. His son was again at the counter.

"Who's Mira-" I cut myself off. "Hey, how do you know her?"

"I've known her for a while. Frequent customer here."

"Well she got fired. She upset Alexander."

"What'd she do?"

"Well, she kept calling me faggot, and-"

"She what?" He scowled. "That bitch!"

"She told me wearing makeup was childish."

"She's childish." He tapped his fingers on the table in frustration. "Why didn't you do anything about it?"

"I couldn't retaliate! I'm not really a fighter."

"Of course. You want to protect your pretty face." He mocked, laughing.

"It's prettier than yours." I teased.

"Oh really?"

"Well, a guy kissed me so it must be."

"Shut up! I'm destined to be forever alone!" He fake-cried, and i burst out laughing. "But was it like a proper kiss, or only a little one?"

"Why'd you wanna know?" I grinned.

"Oh, I was thinking of writing this all into a book and making millions!"

"You'd better be joking."

"Of course!" He glanced at his watch, and more people came filtering in to the pub as the sky got darker. "Say, want a night out?"

"But Alexander said I'd have to be careful. What you're thinking could be dangerous."

"Anything could be dangerous if you make it dangerous. I'll keep an eye out for you." I nodded, trusting him as my closest friend.

It wasn't long until i saw a few familiar faces from the café.

"Lenny!" I laughed,walking up to my former employee.

"Oh, hey, Elliott!" He patted me on the back. "You good? You look well!"

"Thanks! Yeah, I'm good, you?"

"Yeah, yeah, things are going well. I'm becoming a father in a couple of months."

"Really?" My face lit up. "How wonderful! Is it a boy or a girl?"

"Girl. We haven't decided on a name yet. It's either Rose, or May."

"They're both beautiful names."

"You want a drink? I'll pay you back for that one night."

"Sure, why not?" I smiled. He went to the bar, and ordered two beers. I sat next to him, and we continued to talk for a good half hour, before he had to excuse himself to the toilet. I sat there, swirling the ice around at the bottom of the glass, when i saw a pair of glaring eyes burning into me from the door. Alfie had quipped into the back to assist Josh, and i was all alone. My shoulders tensed as i saw the staring figure slowly dart though the crowds. My fingers twitched nervously, tapping an anxious rhythm on the table. I saw him sitting next to me, and i think i had a heart attack.

Bad Smoot

"Well hello sweetness." I felt a hand on my thigh. Michael. "I didn't  expect to see you here."

"Leave me alone." I grumbled, clenching my fists.

"Oh my, I think he bites." He rest his head on my shoulder.

"Shut up."

"Don't be like that. All i want is a little play time." He nibbled at my neck , and i bit my lip.

"S-stop." He tugged at my jumper's neckline. "I said stop!" I snarled, pulling away from him and moving to the next seat. He followed me, so i stood up.

"Man, you're boring." He groaned. "Lighten up!" He pinned me to the wall. I was trapped.

"Go away!" I snapped. I tried to escape, but every time i tried, he cut me off.

"I'll have my way with you no matter what." He gritted his teeth.

"No you won't." I held my breath as i saw him slide his hand down my waist.

"Yes.I.Will." His eyes dulled, and i felt his hand get dangerously close to--

"Move your hand one more time, and i swear to god i will scream." I growled.

"I bet you'd love all the attention." He snickered, looking to where his hand was going.

"You dare."

And he dared, alright.

I yelled, all the anger from the betrayal of trust all building up in my balling fist, and slammed it in his face. I felt a little sting of pain, but nothing major. Michael, on the other hand, was recoiling in pain and holding his jaw. I then looked down at my hand, and it was bruised, quivering.

"You shouldn't have done that, you little bitch." He growled, cracking his knuckles.

"Stop.Right.There." I heard a smooth voice from the doorway. A hand raised up, and a path was made.

Thank god he's here.

He shot his cousin the sourest death glare I'd ever seen, pushed him aside and took hold of my wrist.

"You're disgusting. You make me sick. If you ever. and i mean EVER  come near him or me again, not even your filthy, worthless life will pay for it." He took me out of the pub without another word. He took a few deep breaths, and by the time we got back to the manor, the silence was so tense it was kind of painful. I looked over at him, and i think of opening my mouth to speak. but i don't.

The pause continued.

I looked up at him, and he came closer. He clasped my chin gently, and i hadn't realised i was crying. He wiped away the tears, and nuzzled his nose on mine.

"Alexande-"

"How about, just for tonight, you can call me Alex." I smiled softly, forgetting completly what i was going to say, wrapping my arms loosley around his shoulders. He slipped his to my waist, and kissed me. Gently at first, then getting more passionate. I melted against him as his lips moved on mine in sync. I pushed forwards, hungry for more. He pulled away to my dismay, but smirked.

"Upstairs?" I looked up at him, my lips parted. I blushed at that word. It could mean so many other things, but tonight, i knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Yes."

And with that, he picked me up bridal style, and took me to his room.

"Are you sure about this?"