alex bregman

grace and her boyfriend alex have been together for over a year now

grace and her boyfriend alex have been together for over a year now. they have had their ups and downs but they seem to really love each other. the two haven't moved into together but spend a lot of time together at each other places. they were at alex's house while he had a couple days off before he hit the road. 
grace and alex were watching mean girls when alex's phone rang.

"i'll be right back," he said pointing to his room. grace nodded turning her head back to the movie.

"hi mom," alex says, lightly shutting his door behind him.

"hi baby, what are you up to?" his mother said from the other end of the line.

"just watching a movie with grace. why?"

"oh i was wondering if you guys would like to come over for dinner in an hour?"

"we would love to. let me tell grace. see you then," he hung up and made his way back to grace.

"everything okay?" she asked. he nodded his head filling her in with the details.

the two arrived to his parents house hand in hand.

"aw hi you two!" his mom, alicia greeted them at the door. they each took turns giving her a hug. "food is on the table and ready to be eaten."

"thank you. this was delicious," grace said wiping her mouth with her napkin.

"thank you. phil actually helped me this time," they all started to laugh. phil, alex's dad, was known to not help much when it comes to cooking dinner. "alex honey, why don't you help me grab dessert?"

"sure," alex and his mom got up and went to the kitchen. 

"she's so sweet. it has been what? over a year now since you've been together?" alicia asked her son smiling.

"yep. a year and a half. damn. all I know is I want to spend the rest of my life with her."

"excuse me, I'm going to use bathroom," grace got up and walked out of the dining room and into the hallway. part of the hallway led to the kitchen and she could hear alex and his mom talking. something about him wanting to spend the rest of his life with her made her stop dead in her tracks. she smiled lightly and continued to walk to the bathroom, not wanting to interrupt. she made a mental note to talk to him about it later.