josé uerña

i made my way to my seat above the marlins dugout with hailey, justin bour's fiancée and mariana, miguel roma's wife. i was supporting my best friend josé ureña by wearing his jersey. today he was pitching against the houston astros.

top 6

josé was having a good game. we were winning 2-0. as he got his seventh strikeout of the game, i stood up out of my seat clapping and screaming his name.

"sit down fatty," i heard someone scream. i turned around and a blonde haired girl just pointed at me.

i quickly took my seat and slide down trying to hide myself. that was so embarrassing. i can't believe she said that to me. i wipe away couple of tears that managed to escape.

"you know josé doesn't like you. you're too ugly for a rich mlb player to like someone like you. i feel bad that he has to waste so much of his money buying you food." she said eyeing me up and down.

i had enough. i got up out of my seat, grabbed my belongings, and rushed towards the exit.

"kathryn," mariana and hailey both yelled.

i got into my car and drove back to josé and i's apartment.

was it true what she said? that he doesn't even like me?

as i'm flipping channels, i hear josé name on tmz.

miami marlins pitcher, josé ureña's friend was seen at the game wearing his jersey getting called out by many marlins fans. she then left the game after the fans said some nasty remarks.

"kathy?"
"kathy!" josé exclaimed running over to the couch, wrapping his arms around me.

"so you heard" i turned the tv off and made my way into the kitchen, throwing away all my used tissues.

"hailey toldme." i sat back down on the couch, while he scooted towards me, resting his right hand on my thigh. i buried my head into his chest as he picked me up and carried me into my bedroom. he later me on the bed and i got underneath the covers.

"josé," i said as he headed for the door. he knew what i wanted without asking so he climbed into bed next to me.

"don't believe anything they say about you. you're beautiful. i love you kathy."

"i love you too,"

we finally kissed.

___________

this is long overdue. so sorry to keep you waiting for weeks.

published: july 22, 2018