Chapter 10: Morning Before the Date

It’s finally Friday and I still need to figure out what I should wear for my date with Eric tonight. I don’t know if I should go formal or casual. Eric refuses to tell me anything about the date. Sometimes I wish he would stop being so hard to deal with.

I got into my wheelchair and steered myself to the kitchen. When I got to the kitchen, my mom wasn’t there like she usually was. I got to the kitchen table and saw a note from my mom, that said,” I had an emergency business call. Won’t be back until later on tomorrow evening, good luck on the date tonight. Love, Mom”

Hopeful Eric can stop by today, I really need him to go take him to take me to see Jessica. I haven’t seen Wednesday. Maybe later on today I’ll ask Eric to take me.

I felt my pocket start vibrating; I grabbed my phone and read the message from Eric. “Hey princess. Do you want me to take you to go see Jessica today when I aren’t busy?:)<3” I swear I think he can read my mind.

I replied back to him saying,” Hey ya it would be good if I go see Jessica today:)<3”

“Ok I’ll pick you up in a few:)<3”

I wheeled myself into my room, putting on some decent clothes on and a tiny bit of makeup. I don’t want Eric to see me looking like a hobo.

When I was all done getting ready, I went back into the kitchen to get some breakfast. I grabbed a box Trix cereal. I don’t know why, but Trix always seems to wake me up. I noticed there was a box of crumb cake right next to me.

I put the Trix away and grabbed the crumb cake. On the top of the box there was another note from my mom. It read,” Hoping this starts your day out good. There is extra for Eric if he wants some:) Love you<3”

I grabbed a plate full; I haven’t had crumb cake since I started gymnastics. The coaches put us all on strict diets. If we don’t follow them, we usually get some kind of punishment. Since I can’t do gymnastics anymore, my mom must think it’s fine to eat whatever now.

I grab a plate full and go sit down on the coach. When I was almost done, I heard a knock on the door. “Sweet pea, can I come in?”

I turned around in the coach and said,” Of course babe come in.”

He opens the door and slides towards the coach on the wood floors. He sat right next to me and put his arm around my shoulders. “So what are you eating?”

“Some crumb cake.” I told him.

“Can I have a piece? Pretty please.”

“I thought you can’t have any junk food.”

“I little lye won’t hurt anyone.” he grabs and takes a piece of cake from my plate.

Eric hasn’t even told me what were even doing tonight. Maybe he will tell me since tonight is it. I asked him about.

He told me,” What fun would it be if I gave away the surprise.” I rolled my eyes at him. I set my plate down on the table and Eric picked me up and carried me to my wheelchair next to the door. Whispering into my ear,” I can’t wait for tonight. I am going to make it perfect for you.” He kisses me on the lips as he was setting me down.

********************************************************************************************************

Once we finally got to the hospital, we had to drive around the parking lot for about 5 minutes. We found a parking spot at the very back of the parking lot. I wonder why there are so many patients here.

Eric pushed me about halfway there," Do you want me to push myself the rest of the way there."

"No, I don't want you to be tired for tonight." he smiled at me and gave me a wink. I swear he can be so stupor sometimes.

When we got into the waiting room, it was completely packed. We’re going to have to wait awhile till we could go see Jessica. We moved to a more open area so I could fit my wheelchair in. We sat for about three minutes and Eric starts to move around a lot and with the hand he wasn’t holding mine with he was tapping his leg with.

I wonder why he is so impatient. I could try to calm him down, but I swear I think if I ask him anything, he would say he doesn’t want to tire me out. I took that chance anyway; he actually started talking to me too. For a little while I thought he was just getting tired of me.

While we were talking he also apologizes for being so on the edge today. He probably was just nervousness for tonight since every time I think about my stomach flips, but in a good way.

The sliding glass doors opened again for the one hundredth time, but this time Morgan walked in. It must be her time to start her shift. She looks our way and stopped in front of me and said,” Hi Abigail. What are you doing here?”

“Oh we're here to visit Jessica.” I gave her a smile. I have seen her at least a few times since I went home. She is definitely my favorite nurse. Like I said before all the other nurses seem evil. That’s probably not true for all them, but there are a few that are.

“Well know what. I can sneak you guys with me so you don’t have to wait for your turn.”

Eric stood up and grabbed my wheelchair. “Thank you Morgan. I was getting tired of this waiting room.” he gave her a smile that said he was joking even if he was probably was telling the truth. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to stand being in that waiting room much longer. I hate watching people being miserable.

On the way to Jessica’s room, Morgan asked me all different kinds of questions about how I was feeling. I guess some people don’t really understand when you say you feel fine.

When we entered Jessica’s room, she almost didn’t look the same as a few days ago. Her face was red again, her hair was getting her shiny, and she had a huge smile on too. When I got to her she gave me a big hug and said,” I missed you so much. It’s so lonely here without you.”

“I missed you too. I need to make sure I come visit you more.”

“Oh my gosh. I forgot to tell you.” she exclaimed. For some reason she must have taken some happy pills today. “With the money that the gym fundraised for me, my parents paid off all the bills and also they bought me a new leg.” Then she proceeds to pull up the covers and show off her brand new leg.

The prosthetic leg was one of the one of the more expensive ones. It looked like a really leg! It had the rubber that looked like skin and you can even paint on the toes nails. I did notice that she had flowers on hers.

“Oh my gosh that amazing!!” I told her.

Suddenly Eric’s phone starts vibrating. He checks it and says to us,” Sorry. My coach just told me that I have to go to gym for a workout. Abigail, I’ll come get you in about 4 o'clock and pick you up for the date.” He kissed me and looked me in the eyes and said,” Can’t wait till I see you again.”

He turned around and tried to say to him,” What about my...” he was gone. He is really getting on my nerves today. I turned back around so I was facing Jessica again. She had a huge smile on her face. “What are you smiling about?”

She twists her body so she was facing the other way. She turned around with a beautiful purple sparkly dress. It looked like it went knee high. I stared at it with shock. This was the most amazing dress I have ever seen.

“Eric and I picked it out together.” Jessica told me.

“So Eric put you up to this to get me ready about tonight?”

“Ya he did, but he was the one who came up with the idea. Also that is why he was on edge all day.”

I laughed at her. “Well this is going to be a lot of fun with you getting me ready for my date.”

The rest of the time I was there Jessica curled my hair and put it up into a messy bun and did my makeup. When I looked in the mirror to see what I looked like with the dress on. Let me tell you for a second I didn’t know that was me standing in front of the mirror

Please VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!  Love you all for reading this story XOXOXO