Chapter 4: My New Roomate

After Eric left, the parents of my new roommate walked in. The roommate's dad's hair was uncombed and also his chin was unshaven. The mother's face was sown and red with tear stains down her cheeks.

After a few moments the mother turns around and says," It's OK Johnny. It's not scary in here."

A smaller boy walks into the room. His eyes are huge. He was also crying. He had short brown hair and so small. He ran up and grabbed his mother's hand. The little boy looked my way. Then suddenly spun around so he was facing his mother and says," Mommy who is this?" he was also pointing to me.

His mother walks over to her son. She kneels down so they were at eye level. She whispers into his ear," This is your sister's roommate when she is in the hospital." She gave him a smile and grabbed his hand once again.

Suddenly the door to the room opened. A girl that was older than her brother, but she looked younger than me. She looked like a nice girl, but she was wearing a bandanna for a hat. She had amazing bright blue eyes and looked terribly tired. She looked my direction and she gave me a huge smile.

The nurse moved her to the bed next to me which had a curtain in between us but wasn't closed. The nurse attached tubes and wires into her arm when she was done with everything she just looked bored and tired laying in her bed. She looked miserabl, I hope I never turn into that.

Once the nurse and parents leave to let us meet each other, then my roommate turned to me and said," You look very familiar. What is your name?"

 My name is Abigail..." I told her. I have been asked that so many times, but this time was different in some way.

"Oh my god! You're that gymnast that fell on floor during VISAs!" she mainly yelled. She had a shocked expressions on her face. I hope she is not one of those crazy fans, that yell out that they're my number one fan.

"Yes I'm her. How do you know?"

"Oh... I'm sorry I never told you my name. My name is Jessica. Also I saw you compete on t.v. in my old hospital room that is on another floor." she smiled at me. I knew she was one of my bigger fans. I'm surprised that she didn't ask for my autograph yet.

"Wait, why did they switch you to a different room? What is wrong with you?"

She looked at my weirdly and said, "I have cancer and before they had me in my old room because I needed the space. But now I don't need as much space for all the machines and such. So the doctor said that it would be a good idea for me to be with someone my own age. Also how have you been feeling since the accident?" It looked like she had given that speek a hundred times. She showed no emotions after she had said it.

"I am so sorry for you! I am feeling..." my voice stopped. Suddenly I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks. I have been cry for almost the whole time I was here, but I never even thought about how I will never be able to walk again. I thought that the nurses were wrong, but now I think I have nothing left in my life without gymnastics.

I suddenly got the urge to get out of the room. I push the button above my bed several times that calls for the nurses. I look towards Jessica and try to say to her," I am sorry if I am scaring you." I don't think she understood me.

The nurse comes in and rushes to my bed, and asks, "What is wrong honey?"

 mainly yell at her," I need to get out of this room! Please!"

The nurse stared at me like she did not understand what I was trying to tell her. After a while she says," I don't think that is possible. But I will check with your doctor."

The nurse rushes out of the room. I am starting to stop crying when Jessica ask," Are you OK?"

I look towards her, I know that my eyes are red and puffy and I say, "I think so. It's just so hard though something when I know I'm going to lose something anyway."

"Yes I know what you mean." she lefts up her blanket and I noticed that she was missing part of her leg. "This is my second time of having cancer. The first time it took my leg."

We sat in silence, think about our future. The nurse still hasn't returned so she probably forgot about me. Till the door slowly opens and Eric walks in cool and relaxed. He walks to my bed and ask," Are you feeling better. Because that stupid nurse told me I couldn't come in because you were melting down."

I laugh at his remark and I said," I feel much better. Oh... and this is Jessica." I pointed towards her and Jessica smiled and waved at him.

Jessica was watching us the whole time. She says to Eric," Um... Hey. Are you guys boyfriend and girlfriend?"

We both laugh at her remark together and say together," We kind of are!" We giggle together.

"How do you guys know if your dating or not. Anyway you two are so cute together!" She was also laughing with us.

We three talk about random things about two hours. Like movies we want to see, what our familys are like, and etc. We didn't talk about our physical problems. Till Eric gets a call from his parents saying that he needs to get home soon. He stands up to leave and I call after him, "Are you going to be here tomorrow?"

"Of course I will be here." he leans towards me to give me the lightest kiss ever. It was like that he didn't want to break me because I was too fragile.

After he leaves Jessica says to me," You are so lucky! He is like so hot!"

"I know!" I whisper back to her. We laugh together and continue our conversations. Till we drift off to sleep. It is so nice to have people that care about me. That have the same feelings as I do. I have a feeling I'm going to like Jessica.

*************************************************************************************

Thanks for reading I hope you guys like it. Please VOTE AND COMMENT!!!