The Boy In The Polka Dotted Bikini, Chapter Fifteen.

Chapter Fifteen.

I couldn't stand this. This feeling of complete and utter... boredom. Yup, boredom. I haven't seen or talked to Ted in a few days , and the doctors are keeping me here to make sure I had no other in ternal bleeding, Melody and Hunter left a day ago, and Caliber was still here. My chest panged, and I closed my eyes. Caliber. I haven't seen him or talked to him, I felt like I didn't deserve to see him.

"Hey, honey!" my mother chirped, as she walked into my room. Handing me a juice box, I immediately began to drink.

"Um, Mom, have you talked to Caliber's parents?" I asked hesitant. She looked up startled. I had become rather anti-social the past few days, lost in my thoughts. Thinking about Ted and his suggestion, and Caliber. Mostly Caliber. I heard my mom sigh.

"Caliber? Oh, I haven't run into his parents. I don't think things are doing so good though," she said her voice lowering with sadness and I looked down. My eyelids stinging with unshed tears: grief was eating me up. I knew what I needed to do to maybe rid myself of this over-powering grief. "You okay?" my mother suddenly asked, coming to my side and putting a comforting arm around my shoulder.

"I'm fine, but do you know what room Caliber is in?" I asked, sniffling. I needed to see him, to tell him I'm sorry. That I will never forgive myself. My mom looked wary. "Mom. Please?" I begged and she sighed.

"Okay, It's 212" she said, and I climbed out of bed. I walked slowly to his room, my legs shaking slightly as the nerves set in. I didn't know what to say to him, and his parents. What if they were there? They would probably hate me, since I am the girl that ruined their son's life. I found the room, and stood in front of it. My hands were shaking slightly, as I raised my knuckle to the door. I knocked on it lightly, and heard someone yawn.

"Come in," Caliber's careless voice said, and I sighed, sucking in a deep breath as I turned the doorknob. I walked in, and Caliber' s eyes widened. He looked fine, a bruise on his noggin, but everything else looked fine. "Oh, It's you," he said a bit of resentment in his voice which showed me everything may look fine, but it really wasn't fine.

"Caliber, You can hate me, it's fine. I hate myself, I'm a horrible person," I whispered, and Caliber looked at me. Really looked at me; it seemed like his eyes raked over my body once but then latched onto my eyes. He seemed to be searching me for something. What he was searching for, I had no idea.

"Willow, I don't hate you," he said, and I sucked in a breath, shocked. He didn't hate me? He should. He should be furious with me and want to hire some gang member to kill me, or something extreme like that. "It was all our faults" Caliber said and I shook my head no, wiping my cheeks, realizing my eyes were leaking with tears.

"How could it be your guys fault? It was my stupid idea, to go chase after some guy who probably didn't even think about me anymore," I about screeched.

"We didn't have to go, we could have stayed," he said, and I sniffled a bit. What he said made sense but it was still my fault. " Willow, come here" he spoke slowly motioning to the seat next to him. I walked slowly over there, my body on high alert. He scooted over , and I climbed in next to him. I laid my head on my shoulder, and sighed. "I'm not paralyzed. The doctors said with some serious, physical therapy I could walk again. I wouldn't be able to play some sports, but at least I would be able to walk" he said, and I looked at him.

My face brightened, "Really?" I asked and he nodded his head yes. I hugged him quickly, throwing my arms around him and hugging him tightly. "I'm so happy for you" I screeched, and he chuckled. We snuggled down into the uncomfortable hospital bed, and watched some Spongebob for a little while. Until Doctor Southern came in.

"Hello Caliber, and Willow," he greeted, and we nodded. Our eyes trained on the T.V. in front of us. Squidward, Spongebob, and Patrick were sitting in a box. Squidward was telling Patrick to move over because he was claustrophobic, but Patrick didn't know what Claustrophobia was and Spongebob told him it meant when your scared of Santa so now Patrick was saying 'Ho. Ho. Ho' and Spongebob was freaking out. It was flipping hilarious, Caliber and I had forgotten all about the accident and everything. Too engrossed in this yellow sponge who lived in a pineapple. "Hello?" the doctor repeated and we spun our heads around. Looking wide eyed and then realized where we were which made us laugh. "Spongebob? Really?" Doctor Southern snorted, and I narrowed my eyes. Climbing out of the hospital bed, and pecking Caliber on the cheek. Promising to come back later.

"Don't start with me" I warned, a playful smile on my lips. For once since Ian left me, I felt carefree. He laughed, and I walked out of the room and down the hallway. Ted was bothering a nurse, and I smirked. "Ted, leave her alone" I said and he spun around. Noticing me he said goodbye and started walking towards me, the nurse mouthed "thank you" behind his back to me.

"Hey Free Willy" he said coming up to me, and throwing an arm around my shoulder. I rolled my eyes, as he guided me down the hallway, back towards my room. "So what are we going to do about the breakout?" he asked, and my eyes widened in confusion. Then realization, I had totally forgotten about going and finding Ian with him.

I bit my lower lip, "I need ask my mom to ask the doctor when I can leave," I said and he nodded.

"Get back to me, when you figure out all the details. I'm up for anything" he said wriggling his eyebrows and I hit him playfully on the shoulder as we got to my room. I said goodbye and walked into my room, Damien was here and I grinned.

"Dad" I smiled, and ran over to hug him. He hugged me back, and I relaxed in his embrace. Calling Damien "Dad", wasn't a problem anymo re. It came easily, just like breathing.

"I was just going down to get your mom some food from the vending machine, do you want anything?" he asked, and I shook my head no. I wasn't hungry, I was thinking to much. "Your loss!" he said and flicked my nose. I hit him playfully, and he laughed, walking out of the room. I turned and looked at my mom. I don't know what betrayed me, but as soon as I asked when I could be let out, she narrowed her eyes.

"Willow, I don't think you should go after him anymore," she said, and I looked down at my hands.

"I'm not going to find him," I mumbled. I was a bad liar. I knew I was but I had to give it a chance. My mom snorted with laughter.

"You're such a bad liar!" she joked and I shrugged. I had nothing to say, my stomach was in knots. She grew serious. "Willow, don't go after him," she begged, and I looked up.

"How do you know I'm going to look for him? Huh, Mom?" I asked, and she sent me a knowing look.

"It's in your eyes; you honestly care for him. I don't know if it's love, I think you're too young for love, but I fell in love with your dad when I was your age, I just don't want it to be true," she whispered, putting a strand of my hair behind my ear. I couldn't speak, I couldn't work my mouth. "To get to the point, I don't want you to go through what I had to go through. I want you to get closure now, because if you keep searching for him, you'll keep hurting," she said, and I looked away.

She turned my head towards her. "What I want to ask you is.... Is it worth it? Keep searching and hurting yourself more?" she asked, searching in my eyes. I broke from her grasp, and walked out of the room. Not because I was angry at her, but because I was angry at myself. Her words kept repeating in my head. Was it worth it? Finding him, then loosing him, then repeating the process over and over again. With Ian's rocky past and future probably, I didn't know if I could rely on him. I walked out, into a garden type area and sat on the bench, thinking is it worth it..?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too tired to chat, but Kudo's to my editor for editing. :D

And, One question, What do you think Willow should do?

Well, Got to go now you know what to do...COMMENT. VOTE. BECOME A FAN.