Chapter 17 // Huge Mistake

Chloe's POV.

Waking up, I wasn't exactly sure where I was or how I got there, but the throbbing pain on the side of my head quickly reminded me. I had been kidnapped by the unsub. Quickly, I reached for my gun. It was taken along with my FBI ID and cell phone. Panic immediately set in and my first instinct was to call out for help, although I knew that doing that would alert the unsub that I was awake and he'd come for me. I remained silent, although my hands had started to become clammy and were shaking uncontrollably. There were no windows, but the room was lit with a few lamps. I could tell that I was in a basement. One that most likely had not been used in a while due to the dust in the corners and the rusted door handles. The wooden floor panels creaked every time I took a step and the only thing that could be heard was the sound of the TV playing loudly upstairs.

The door was locked and the other doors in the basement all led to closets. As soon as I was about to give up, I heard footsteps gradually getting closer and closer. Then I heard the click of the door being unlocked and then the turning of the knob. Once the door was opened and he walked towards me, the light from the lamps illuminated his face and I could tell right away that it was Bennett Myers, the guy who we were all sure was the unsub. This definitely confirmed it.

"My team is going to be here soon." I said to him, hoping that it would prevent him from hurting me. Or even worse, from killing me. He looked at me for a second before cackling. "I highly doubt that, sweetheart." His voice was low and raspy, making me cringe at his words. As he got closer to me, I started to take steps backward. However, once my back hit the wall, I was stuck with nowhere to go. Beads of sweat dripped down my forehead and my entire body felt paralyzed. Next thing I knew, he took a swing at my face and sent me falling to the ground, clutching my cheek in pain. I quickly stood back up and attempted to kick him, but he kicked his foot behind my knee and sent me back down onto the floor. I tried getting up once again only to feel an intense pain in my stomach. He had started to kick me there extremely hard. The unsub kept going for it until I physically could not stand up anymore. As I laid there with my entire body throbbing with pain, he forced me to get back up.

"Get the fuck up. I'm not finished with you yet!" He screamed at me. I grimaced in pain as I slowly got back onto my feet. Before I had the chance to regain my posture, he grabbed me by my hair and flung me into a nearby mirror, shattering it completely. I could feel shards of glass in my cheeks and forehead, and once I collapsed back onto the ground, I could feel it in my hands. The pain was unbearable, unlike anything else that I had ever experienced. There was nothing more that I could do in that moment to save myself, so I just gave up. I was completely aware that I was going to get killed by this man, and I just gave up.

Spencer's POV.

After a few minutes of looking for clues, I soon realized that Chloe wasn't behind me anymore. In fact, she wasn't even with me. "Chloe?" I called out, walking back towards the direction where we parked. As I walked, I stepped on something hard and looked down. Chloe's gun was on the ground. Could she have dropped it? No, that wasn't possible. All of us had a sleeve for our guns that was always securely attached to our belts. "Chloe!? Where are you?" I yelled with no response.

Realizing what was going on, I quickly picked up her gun and ran to the car, dialing Hotch's number.

"Reid, did you find any-"

"He has Chloe." I interrupted him. "Are you sure?" Hotch asked. "Yes, I lost her when we were in the woods and I found her gun on the ground. God, I should have made sure that she was following me. What is wrong with me?" I scolded myself aloud as I got back into the car and drove to the police station. "Reid, we need to focus on finding her." He interrupted me, his tone suddenly changing from concerned to demanding. "Yes, yes we do. Okay, I-I'll be there in two minutes." I said before hanging up and drove in silence. Why hadn't I been watching her? I should've been making sure that she was with me at all times. After all, she fit his interests perfectly. Long brown hair, brown eyes, and obviously beauti-

"Reid, are you listening to me?"

I quickly looked up to see an angry Morgan. I guess that I had gotten too caught up in my thoughts and didn't realize that I had walked inside the police station.

"Oh, sorry. What was that again?" I asked, furrowing my brows. Derek sighed, "Chloe doesn't have much time. Myers took her phone and left us a message." My eyes widened and I suddenly felt an extreme amount of anger build up inside me. "I need to listen to it," I demanded. Morgan walked over to the laptop that the rest of the team was surrounding and pressed play.

"Chloe Campbell. FBI agent of Quantico's Behavioral Analysis Unit, huh? Normally, I don't do this. I'm sure that you all are aware of that by now. However, you've all made a huge mistake."

The unsub stopped talking, and then two seconds later there was the sound of a gunshot.

Then the call ended.