Chapter 5 // Like A Brother

Chloe's POV.

The woman's name was Abigail Hampton. She was the youngest of the victims, only seventeen years of age. Although, just as the last two, she had blonde hair and blue eyes. That let us know that it was the same guy. If the pattern was the same, Abigail had at least twenty four hours before she would be killed and then dumped to the side of the road. Agent Hotchner and JJ had been consoling Abigail's family for the past hour while me and Agent Morgan questioned her roommate, Danielle Brooks. 

She had been sobbing for the first twenty minutes that she had been at the police station, but Agent Morgan had managed to calm her down. "Danielle, we have a few questions that we need to ask you. Your answers will help us find Abigail." I said as I sat down across from her along with Agent Morgan. 

"Abby. She hated being called Abigail. It was 'too formal' for her." Danielle let out a small chuckle.

"Okay, had Abby ever mentioned anything about a man approaching her within the past few days. Maybe he had asked her for directions, asked her on a date, anything." I asked, hoping to get an answer that would help the case. 

"Actually, yes." Danielle sat up straighter and her eyes widened. "Abby told me about some guy on campus that had asked for her number. She was in a rush to get to her next class, so she quickly rejected him and kept walking." 

After she said that, me and Agent Morgan both looked at eachother, now aware that this was definitely the guy that we were looking for. "Danielle, did she happen to mention what the guy looked like?" Agent Morgan asked.

"Yeah. Blonde hair and blue eyes. She kept joking about how she rejected him because he looked like he could've been her brother. Although, the real reason was because she found him to be a complete creep." Danielle paused. "Oh god, is this the man that took her?" Tears brimmed in her eyes.

"He might be, but you've been extremely helpful and we're getting closer and closer to finding Abby. Please go back to campus and get some rest, I'm sure that it'll do you some good." I smiled at the girl and helped her out the door.

"Blonde hair and blue eyes? So, he's going after women that happen to look like him." I looked over at Agent Morgan and he nodded his head. "Let's go tell the rest of the team."